This discussion is closed.
Londongirl
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Just wondering if anyone doing ED209 would care to share their first TMA result with me! I got mine
back today and was a bit dissapointed to see I only got 58, just wondering how i am doing in
comparison to others. I can't get first class on my computer so can't post there so hoping someone
will reply. Thanks

--
-------------------------------------------------------------
UK and international freebies and competitions www.allfreestuff.8k.com
Jo
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
"londongirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Just wondering if anyone doing ED209 would care to share their first TMA result with me! I got[/q1]
[q1]> mine back today and was a bit dissapointed to see I only got 58, just wondering how i am doing in[/q1]
[q1]> comparison to others. I[/q1]
can't
[q1]> get first class on my computer so can't post there so hoping someone will reply. Thanks[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> -------------------------------------------------------------[/q1]
[q1]> UK and international freebies and competitions www.allfreestuff.8k.com[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Hi I am not doing the same course but have done my fair share of TMA's - 58 isn't a bad result and
if you take note of your tutors comments you can find out where you have gone wrong and then
hopefully avoid making the same mistakes again - the most common mistake is usually not reading the
questions properly - or in my case missing questions when in a rush....

If you are sure you can't get first class on your computer then try the web version - just go to
http://www.open.ac.uk/students, sign in with your username and password and you will see a link to
first class, while this is slower than the client version it at least lets you communicate with
students taking the same course and feel less alone. hope this helps Jo
Londongirl
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Thanks Jo, I didn't realise there was a web version.

--
-------------------------------------------------------------
UK and international freebies and competitions www.allfreestuff.8k.com

Jo <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:rwJk8.6377$%[email protected]...
[q1]> "londongirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > Just wondering if anyone doing ED209 would care to share their first TMA result with me! I got[/q2]
[q2]> > mine back today and was a bit dissapointed to see[/q2]
I
[q2]> > only got 58, just wondering how i am doing in comparison to others. I[/q2]
[q1]> can't[/q1]
[q2]> > get first class on my computer so can't post there so hoping someone[/q2]
will
[q2]> > reply. Thanks[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > --[/q2]
[q2]> > -------------------------------------------------------------[/q2]
[q2]> > UK and international freebies and competitions www.allfreestuff.8k.com[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]> Hi I am not doing the same course but have done my fair share of TMA's - 58 isn't a bad result and[/q1]
[q1]> if you take note of your tutors comments you can[/q1]
find
[q1]> out where you have gone wrong and then hopefully avoid making the same mistakes again - the most[/q1]
[q1]> common mistake is usually not reading the questions properly - or in my case missing questions[/q1]
[q1]> when in a rush....[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> If you are sure you can't get first class on your computer then try the[/q1]
web
[q1]> version - just go to http://www.open.ac.uk/students, sign in with your username and password and[/q1]
[q1]> you will see a link to first class, while this[/q1]
is
[q1]> slower than the client version it at least lets you communicate with students taking the same[/q1]
[q1]> course and feel less alone. hope this helps Jo[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Thom Baguley
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
From memory TMA 01 is a practical report. A fairly heft chunk of the marks are down to following the
report format. My experience is that responding to the tutor comments most students are able to
improve their marks on the practical report TMAs fairly steadily from the first to third (whereas
improvement in the essay TMAs is more patchy).

If you are not sure how to improve the next report contact your tutor and ask them for
further advice.

Thom

londongirl wrote:
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Just wondering if anyone doing ED209 would care to share their first TMA result with me! I got[/q1]
[q1]> mine back today and was a bit dissapointed to see I only got 58, just wondering how i am doing in[/q1]
[q1]> comparison to others. I can't get first class on my computer so can't post there so hoping someone[/q1]
[q1]> will reply. Thanks[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> -------------------------------------------------------------[/q1]
[q1]> UK and international freebies and competitions www.allfreestuff.8k.com[/q1]
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I got 74%
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (30)
8.09%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (32)
8.63%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (82)
22.1%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (47)
12.67%
No, nothing has changed (112)
30.19%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (68)
18.33%

Watched Threads