Turn on thread page Beta

Just wondering if anyone doing ED209 would care to share their first TMA result with me! I got mine
    back today and was a bit dissapointed to see I only got 58, just wondering how i am doing in
    comparison to others. I can't get first class on my computer so can't post there so hoping someone
    will reply. Thanks

--
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    UK and international freebies and competitions www.allfreestuff.8k.com

"londongirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> Just wondering if anyone doing ED209 would care to share their first TMA result with me! I got[/q1]
    [q1]> mine back today and was a bit dissapointed to see I only got 58, just wondering how i am doing in[/q1]
    [q1]> comparison to others. I[/q1]
    can't
    [q1]> get first class on my computer so can't post there so hoping someone will reply. Thanks[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> --[/q1]
    [q1]> -------------------------------------------------------------[/q1]
    [q1]> UK and international freebies and competitions www.allfreestuff.8k.com[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    Hi I am not doing the same course but have done my fair share of TMA's - 58 isn't a bad result and
    if you take note of your tutors comments you can find out where you have gone wrong and then
    hopefully avoid making the same mistakes again - the most common mistake is usually not reading the
    questions properly - or in my case missing questions when in a rush....

If you are sure you can't get first class on your computer then try the web version - just go to
    http://www.open.ac.uk/students, sign in with your username and password and you will see a link to
    first class, while this is slower than the client version it at least lets you communicate with
    students taking the same course and feel less alone. hope this helps Jo

Thanks Jo, I didn't realise there was a web version.

--
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    UK and international freebies and competitions www.allfreestuff.8k.com

Jo <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:rwJk8.6377$%[email protected]...
    [q1]> "londongirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
    [q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
    [q2]> > Just wondering if anyone doing ED209 would care to share their first TMA result with me! I got[/q2]
    [q2]> > mine back today and was a bit dissapointed to see[/q2]
    I
    [q2]> > only got 58, just wondering how i am doing in comparison to others. I[/q2]
    [q1]> can't[/q1]
    [q2]> > get first class on my computer so can't post there so hoping someone[/q2]
    will
    [q2]> > reply. Thanks[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> > --[/q2]
    [q2]> > -------------------------------------------------------------[/q2]
    [q2]> > UK and international freebies and competitions www.allfreestuff.8k.com[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]> Hi I am not doing the same course but have done my fair share of TMA's - 58 isn't a bad result and[/q1]
    [q1]> if you take note of your tutors comments you can[/q1]
    find
    [q1]> out where you have gone wrong and then hopefully avoid making the same mistakes again - the most[/q1]
    [q1]> common mistake is usually not reading the questions properly - or in my case missing questions[/q1]
    [q1]> when in a rush....[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> If you are sure you can't get first class on your computer then try the[/q1]
    web
    [q1]> version - just go to http://www.open.ac.uk/students, sign in with your username and password and[/q1]
    [q1]> you will see a link to first class, while this[/q1]
    is
    [q1]> slower than the client version it at least lets you communicate with students taking the same[/q1]
    [q1]> course and feel less alone. hope this helps Jo[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

From memory TMA 01 is a practical report. A fairly heft chunk of the marks are down to following the
    report format. My experience is that responding to the tutor comments most students are able to
    improve their marks on the practical report TMAs fairly steadily from the first to third (whereas
    improvement in the essay TMAs is more patchy).

If you are not sure how to improve the next report contact your tutor and ask them for
    further advice.

Thom

londongirl wrote:
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Just wondering if anyone doing ED209 would care to share their first TMA result with me! I got[/q1]
    [q1]> mine back today and was a bit dissapointed to see I only got 58, just wondering how i am doing in[/q1]
    [q1]> comparison to others. I can't get first class on my computer so can't post there so hoping someone[/q1]
    [q1]> will reply. Thanks[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> --[/q1]
    [q1]> -------------------------------------------------------------[/q1]
    [q1]> UK and international freebies and competitions www.allfreestuff.8k.com[/q1]

I got 74%

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.