Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

18 and been to only 3 parties in my life Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Lol the last party i went to involved me dressing up as a rat 4 years ago so dw about it,
    cos i'm totally totally fine with being socially reclusive and missing out on all the parties :yes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :cry2:
    Join me and TheonlyMrsHolmes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Join me and TheonlyMrsHolmes!
    YASS!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merfie)
    Clubbing is sooooooooo overrated. Absolutely loved the good old days in school where you'd get someone to buy you a 70cl of vod and you'd have an ace time at a decent house party. I like clubbing, but paying 4 quid for diluted drinks is not good, by any stretch of the imagination.
    4 quid for drinks? what clubs do you go to?

As in that's cheap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    4 quid for drinks? what clubs do you go to?

As in that's cheap!
    Expensive if you live in Scotland!

Silk in Edinburgh had double vodkas for 2 quid when I was there a few weekends ago, was fabby as they're usually like a fiver

ReputationRep:
    Im 17, when my friend invited me to my first and thus far only party I got horribly drunk an ended up passing out on the patio. my experience of it is parties are overrated and quite unpleasant. That not to say all parties are bad i might of had a bad experience but i would't let it get to you too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lowkey-loki)
    Im 17, when my friend invited me to my first and thus far only party I got horribly drunk an ended up passing out on the patio. my experience of it is parties are overrated and quite unpleasant. That not to say all parties are bad i might of had a bad experience but i would't let it get to you too much.
    That's genuinely the experience 99.9% of people have when they go to their first party. As you go to more, you learn how much you can drink before you properly begin to cave in.

ReputationRep:
    Expensive if you live in Scotland!

Silk in Edinburgh had double vodkas for 2 quid when I was there a few weekends ago, was fabby as they're usually like a fiver
    I seem to recall the last time i went clubbing drinks were about a tenner each. Or maybe my memory has gone? btw we did go to a upmarket club,

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely thought that most people didn't start "partying" until uni, mayyybe a few in 6th form

16 and as you can tell never been to one
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Children's parties should totally count though lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I seem to recall the last time i went clubbing drinks were about a tenner each. Or maybe my memory has gone? btw we did go to a upmarket club,
    A tenner for a crappy club drink? Dear god, where did you go? The Playboy in London?

ReputationRep:
    A tenner for a crappy club drink? Dear god, where did you go? The Playboy in London?
    They may have been a fiver each. Just i was drinking so many i tend to lose count.

i think i was drinking b52s and sambucas. those were the days!

ReputationRep:
    Best parties are LAN parties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Best parties are LAN parties
    Seconded.

Partying sucks. I'd much rather get in a cage and punch people in the face/be punched in the face. Much more entertaining. Less painful too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I'm Asian and I've never been to a wedding

:proud: beat that *****
    Lucky af, Asian weddings are the most boring event you'll ever participate in. Including A-Level revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Lucky af, Asian weddings are the most boring event you'll ever participate in. Including A-Level revision.
    Impossibru :lol:
    Its gotta be slightly amusing seeing your aunty get down :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Impossibru :lol:
    Its gotta be slightly amusing seeing your aunty get down :rofl:
    If by slightly amusing you mean cringey af, then yeah I suppose it is slightly amusing :lol:
    They're so boring and the drag on for hooooooooouuuuuuurs.

Receptions are marginally better, but I'd still rather squeeze lemons into my eyes :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    If by slightly amusing you mean cringey af, then yeah I suppose it is slightly amusing :lol:
    They're so boring and the drag on for hooooooooouuuuuuurs.

Receptions are marginally better, but I'd still rather squeeze lemons into my eyes :rofl:
    Yeah snapchat dat shiet :lol: daym man i can barely handle a family dinner

My eyeballs just retreated back into my head like a turtle :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Yeah snapchat dat shiet :lol: daym man i can barely handle a family dinner

My eyeballs just retreated back into my head like a turtle :afraid:
    Hahaha honestly every family gathering we have is just me and my sister/cousins snapchatting each other the most embarrassing pictures we could take of each other while our guard's down :rofl:

I just imagined you like a snail with its eyestalks retracting :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha honestly every family gathering we have is just me and my sister/cousins snapchatting each other the most embarrassing pictures we could take of each other while our guard's down :rofl:

I just imagined you like a snail with its eyestalks retracting :lol:
    :rofl: :rofl: the birthday pics/ videos are the worst tbh i cant deal
    So cringe
    Always that one kid crying cos they think its their birthday - ***** steals my spotlight how am i meant to smile

:lol: yupp exactly like that hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I gate crashed one party once, I wasn't invited, and the people at the party had no idea who I was, but they never said a word, they just let me slide through.

Eventually I left though after 15 minutes, as it got really awkward, with me being a stranger and all.:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    :rofl: :rofl: the birthday pics/ videos are the worst tbh i cant deal
    So cringe
    Always that one kid crying cos they think its their birthday - ***** steals my spotlight how am i meant to smile

:lol: yupp exactly like that hahaha
    Jfc my dad thinks he some paparazzi or some **** like that. Seriously at everything that happens he's taking like 4 pictures from different angles and different lighting. Then he's like "smile". How tf am I gonna smile? I'm posing for *****y pictures no one's ever gonna look at again instead of enjoying this party :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.