Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

[CYOA] The Altruic Watch

ReputationRep:
    V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V
    Information
    Due to the high calibre of this game, no more entries can be accepted at this point. However if you are a TSR mod then feel free to ask due to the great work you do on here

If you have any questions please VM me or go to this thread.
    ----

Ok so this was meant to come a lot later BUT in honour of z33,the game starts earlier. She's been SUCH a great friend to me and she was super-pumped for this when I gave her a quick preview yesterday so I stopped being lazy and developed the game a bit. So you can thank z33 for this early release haha.

Anyway without further ado, enjoy!

----

How to play:
    Just a quick rundown for those of you that may have forgotten

You will each have your own individual stories and will have to make decisions which will ultimately decide your fate. It's a Choose Your Own Adventure game. This game will help me practise my creative writing

Your decisions will not always between life and death, sometimes the decisions you take will lead you to clues which then will be noted in your Journal. Sometimes a series of decisions will take you back to where you came from, but is the area exactly the same as before? Are there be more clues to be discovered now?

Clues:

You get these by interacting with people and investigating places or objects of interest.

Sometimes you will come across things you can't explain, questions you can't answer or situations in where you cannot do anything. In those cases you should check the clues you have obtained to see if you can make sense of them. Leading you to find something that will help you advance further throughout the story.

All the clues will be stored on Post 2.

The Journal:
    This will be a feature of this game, essentially all your choices made will be recorded in a journal. You can access this journal at any-time by going to your corresponding post on the first page of this thread.

Sometimes you may have to snoop on other people's journals to get ahead of the game

The journal will be split into 2 sections: Archive and New. New will contain the most recent entry while Archive will be an archive of all previous entries.

Due to TSR's 35,000 character limit on posts, each journal will be on a separate post.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

================================ ================================

The chatter in the pub died down quickly as the bartender hushed everyone, pointed to the TV suspended from the ceiling and began to turn the volume up. Everyone looked at the screen, wondering exactly what was going on.

...numerous reports coming in that the serial killer, known as the Altruic, has struck again. Eyewitness accounts of the scene he left behind are remarkably similar to his characteristic killing style.

Detectives at the scene have neither confirmed nor denied the claim as of yet, but if The Altruic has struck again, this would be his 4th killing in the city. It is though that he will continue his pattern of 7 murders in a town before moving on to the next.

Inside sources from the police department reveal that they are no closer to catching the serial killer than at the start. Meanwhile a police spokesman has urged the public to remain calm, but not to remain unaccompanied or to take shortcuts through Feyland.

There was a moment or two of silence, before the chatter resumed, but this time everyone was talking about the serial killer, eager to share their opinion to anyone who would listen to their drunken ideas.

You figure you could question a few people and see what they know. You’ve been on the serial killer’s case ever since the £10,000 reward was offered. Unfortunately, due to some unexpected delays, you only arrived at the city just now.

The pub seemed like a good idea to catch up on the latest news and gossip. You had some change in your wallet that you could use to buy a drink for someone or two, in exchange for some information of course.

Now... who should you approach?

z33's Journal - Post 3

Gribby2's Journal - Post 4

Andy98's Journal - Post 6

iEthan's Journal - Post 7

TheOtherSide.'s Journal - Post 8

homeland.lsw's Journal - Post 11

LeyK's Journal - Post 5 X

Imperion's Journal - Post 9 X

REMLewis's Journal - Post 10 X

ReputationRep:
    Clues

Clue #1
    Undiscovered

Clue #2
    Undiscovered

Clue #3
    Undiscovered

Clue #4
    Undiscovered

ReputationRep:
    z33's Journal
    Trait: Pride

New
    You

Archive
    You see a policeman at the bar, looking stressed out. He’s been drinking a lot trying to drown his sorrows, you can tell by his posture. You may be able to get a few scraps of information out of him, especially if you offer to buy him another drink.

A few questions may get him to open up about the case, though it doesn't look like he would be comfortable with it.Alternatively you could go to the small crowd around a table of drunks. They seem to be having a heavy discussion about the news and shouting theories at each other, it may be a good place to gather up on some ideas or rumours.

ReputationRep:
    Gribby's Journal
    Trait: Observant

New

Archive
    You see the small crowd around a table of drunks. They seem to be having a heavy discussion about the news and shouting theories at each other, it may be a good place to gather up on some ideas or rumours.

Alternatively you could go to the bartender, the more high profile clients tend to stay on the elevated seats in front of the bartender. They enjoy their privacy and don’t really mingle with the everyday people at the bar, and although they may not speak much, they do talk to the bartender occasionally. They may have let slip nuggets of information while ordering their drinks.

ReputationRep:
    LeyK's Journal
    Trait: Agile

New
    You see a barmaid trying to wander through the masses of people and deliver some drinks, maybe if you helped her out a bit, she could offer some information in return. She must have heard something, delivering drinks all night for these past of couple of days.

Alternatively you could go to the policeman at the bar, looking stressed out. He’s been drinking a lot trying to drown his sorrows, you can tell by his posture. You may be able to get a few scraps of information out of him, especially if you offer to buy him another drink. A few questions may get him to open up about the case, though it doesn't look like he would be comfortable with it

Archive

ReputationRep:
    Zeus' Journal

New
    You see a barmaid trying to wander through the masses of people and deliver some drinks, maybe if you helped her out a bit, she could offer some information in return. She must have heard something, delivering drinks all night for these past of couple of days.

Alternatively you could go to the small crowd around a table of drunks. They seem to be having a heavy discussion about the news and shouting theories at each other, it may be a good place to gather up on some ideas or rumours.

Archive

ReputationRep:
    Ethan's Journal

New
    You could go to the bartender, the more high profile clients tend to stay on the elevated seats in front of the bartender. They enjoy their privacy and don’t really mingle with the everyday people at the bar, and although they may not speak much, they do talk to the bartender occasionally. They may have let slip nuggets of information while ordering their drinks.

Alternatively you see a policeman at the bar, looking stressed out. He’s been drinking a lot trying to drown his sorrows, you can tell by his posture. You may be able to get a few scraps of information out of him, especially if you offer to buy him another drink. A few questions may get him to open up about the case, though it doesn't look like he would be comfortable with it.

Archive

ReputationRep:
    OtherSide's Journal

New
    You could go to the small crowd around a table of drunks. They seem to be having a heavy discussion about the news and shouting theories at each other, it may be a good place to gather up on some ideas or rumours.

Alternatively you could go to the bartender, the more high profile clients tend to stay on the elevated seats in front of the bartender. They enjoy their privacy and don’t really mingle with the everyday people at the bar, and although they may not speak much, they do talk to the bartender occasionally. They may have let slip nuggets of information while ordering their drinks.

Archive

ReputationRep:
    Imperion's Journal
    Trait: Good Memory

New
    You could go to the bartender, people ordering drinks may have let slip nuggets of information while ordering their drinks.

Archive

ReputationRep:
    Remellia's Journal

New
    You could go to the small crowd around a table of drunks. They seem to be having a heavy discussion about the news and shouting theories at each other, it may be a good place to gather up on some ideas or rumours.

Archive

ReputationRep:
    Carole's Journal

New

Alternatively you could go to the small crowd around a table of drunks. They seem to be having a heavy discussion about the news and shouting theories at each other, it may be a good place to gather up on some ideas or rumours.

Archive

ReputationRep:
    FURST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    FURST
    Haha welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axel Johann)
    Haha welcome
    Thank you
    I'm well excite

ReputationRep:
    SECOND

Dammit, z33 :lol:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I offer the stressed out Policeman a drink and grab an ice-cold tonic water for myself :love: thanks for PMing me! Excited for this :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    I offer the stressed out Policeman a drink and grab an ice-cold tonic water for myself :love: thanks for PMing me! Excited for this :yep:
    Thanks for replying , due to the fact that your actions affect other people and their actions affect you, we'll need to wait a full day before I can advance the story on.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Axel Johann)
    Thanks for replying , due to the fact that your actions affect other people and their actions affect you, we'll need to wait a full day before I can advance the story on.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    understood! As long as I get unlimited tonic water in the meantime, I'm as happy as could beeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    Cba to listen to the drunks blabbering **** that doesnt make sense
    And I snooped a lil so the high profile sit up there huh
    Well if hes so drunk theres bound to be something that slips out
    Werth it i say

"offer to buy him another drink."

This game is soooooo neat man how do you set up stuff like this xD
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I'm here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.