This discussion is closed.
devilschild
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
does anyone know a good way to get rid of it- I have had it on and off for the last2 months and have had courses of antibiotics that seem to make it better than a few days later it will flare up again. I don't want to keep going back to my doctor but is there another way to get rid of it? will it go away eventually if i leave it and don't take more antibiotics?
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
If you get it a lot and really hate it then get your tonsils taken out.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I used to get tonsilitis about once a year, luckily Ive not had it since I was 14. Gargle asprin, suck on ice cubes...I wouldnt recommened antibiotics(penicillin is what they used to give me) as the bacteria become resistant to it..

I had it herendously badly everytime though, threw up constantly for the first few days, didnt eat for a week, lost over a stone in weight almost everytime I had it, constantly tired. Basically absolute agony, and they never even suggested taking my tonsils out..
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the smell is the worst part of it. and not being able to swallow, that can be tough too.
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
I've never had it....i guess i'm lucky!
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
I've never had it....i guess i'm lucky!
are you sure you'ce even got tonsils, maybe they were removed in a hospital-organ-removal scandal, and sold to russian mafiamen
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
are you sure you'ce even got tonsils, maybe they were removed in a hospital-organ-removal scandal.
Elpaw ------> Physics forum
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
are you sure you'ce even got tonsils, maybe they were removed in a hospital-organ-removal scandal, and sold to russian mafiamen
lol yes i'm sure, because i lick them.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
lol yes i'm sure, because i lick them.
:confused:. I had tonsilitis for 3 weeks when I was 8 and went to school for every single day of it.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
the smell is the worst part of it. and not being able to swallow, that can be tough too.
What smell? I remember I posted here ages ago saying I had tonsilitus and you were talking about the smell then too!
Penthesilia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hate tonsilitis! Makes me want to bang my head against a rock.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You have to finish your course of antibiotics or it will keep returning.
rubyslippers
Report 15 years ago
i had it twice last year and got it again a few weeks back, AN|D i'm doing my a levels - ****ed me right up!
yeah they gave me double dose of pencillin! didn't work!
then put on other antibiotics! they made me violently sick - and didn't want to at also! i still feel real tired and have a loss of appetite - i used to want to eat food every second of the day!
sleepingbeauty
Report 15 years ago
i get tonsilitis and feel feverish when i go on computer too much..weird
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (30)
7.96%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (32)
8.49%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (84)
22.28%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (49)
13%
No, nothing has changed (112)
29.71%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
18.57%

Watched Threads