The Student Room Group

Left out grade on UCAS

I'm a Scottish student so did national 5 in 4th year, I got a D in biology and sat it the following year and received a B, my teacher said I wouldn't need to put the D grade down so I just put the B but now i'm worried that I've left it out? Will the universities see that as a wrong thing??
No, generally if you take a resit you just put your best grade down, from what I know of the Scottish system your 'old grade' can be completely forgotten of - so you don't need to worry
Reply 2
Original post by caitlinford3
No, generally if you take a resit you just put your best grade down, from what I know of the Scottish system your 'old grade' can be completely forgotten of - so you don't need to worry

Okay that's a relief thank you!
Original post by caitlinford3

this is wrong and bad advise!!

The 2016 decleration that you have agreed to when you put in your UCAS form states the following:a.

If we, or a university or college, have any reason to believe that you or your referee have:left out any relevant information, including qualifications you have completed, qualifications with an unsuccessful grade or qualifications for which you are still awaiting resultsgiven false or misleading informationwe may take any necessary steps to check with you and other parties, including universities, colleges and examination and awarding bodies whether the information you have provided is accurate or complete.We have the right to cancel your application without refunding your application fee if we determine (having carried out any necessary checks) or have reasonable belief that your application contains false information.If you have any reason to believe that information we hold about you is not true, complete and accurate, you must tell us.If we need to verify your identity, we may use details in your application by making checks using any official, publicly available or commercially available identity checking services. If any adverse information is revealed about you we will let you know so that you have an opportunity to respond.

Retaking an exam does not mean you can forget about the previous attempt at it

This was a genuine error so just let them know
Original post by watchingyouwatch
this is wrong and bad advise!!

The 2016 decleration that you have agreed to when you put in your UCAS form states the following:a.

If we, or a university or college, have any reason to believe that you or your referee have:left out any relevant information, including qualifications you have completed, qualifications with an unsuccessful grade or qualifications for which you are still awaiting resultsgiven false or misleading informationwe may take any necessary steps to check with you and other parties, including universities, colleges and examination and awarding bodies whether the information you have provided is accurate or complete.We have the right to cancel your application without refunding your application fee if we determine (having carried out any necessary checks) or have reasonable belief that your application contains false information.If you have any reason to believe that information we hold about you is not true, complete and accurate, you must tell us.If we need to verify your identity, we may use details in your application by making checks using any official, publicly available or commercially available identity checking services. If any adverse information is revealed about you we will let you know so that you have an opportunity to respond.

Retaking an exam does not mean you can forget about the previous attempt at it

This was a genuine error so just let them know

I guess my Scottish friends who retook their n5's were wrong then haha, sorry bout that

Quick Reply

Latest