Turn on thread page Beta

You WON'T believe what I've just done watch

Announcements

Just now I made a double decker cheese toastie, and you know what I put in it? I put pasta sauce before toasting it, and from this, I created a sandwich fit for a God.

Now as its a double decker sandwich, the tomato sauce was absorbed by the middle piece of bread, creating a soft yet consistent middle where the bread, tomato sauce and cheese fused together harmonically. The contrast between the outside toasted bread and the inner good made for a spectacular texture as I bit into it.

This is the first time I have ever made anything like this, and I plan to make improvements through trial and error to this magnificent little snack which I will update you all with.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    This thread is worse than brown bread

ReputationRep:
    add some oregano next time it will compliment the sauce nicely
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    This reminds me of the time when we'd make 'pizza toast' in food tech in Year 7…

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of the time I accidentally mixed Malibu and cinnamon vodka together. Well, it tastes absolutely amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually gonna try this tomorrow

(Original post by whorace)
    This thread is worse than brown bread
    The only thing worse then brown bread is that half-breed 50/50 BS.
    That ****'s deceptive.

It's like a letter bomb, you think it's gonna be a nice surprise and it ends up ruining your day.

ReputationRep:
    I think you stole the idea from Ross from Friends if I'm honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I'm actually gonna try this tomorrow

The only thing worse then brown bread is that half-breed 50/50 BS.
    That ****'s deceptive.

It's like a letter bomb, you think it's gonna be a nice surprise and it ends up ruining your day.
    Filthy Muggle toast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    This reminds me of the time when we'd make 'pizza toast' in food tech in Year 7…
    Mmmm !!...
    I can only hope I am not about to go wild.
    This is really provocative. I have no snacks left in my room at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I once had a cheese toastie on a plane true story

UPDATE:
    Also I roasted and grounded arabica coffee beans and made an amazing cup of coffee.

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of my ketchup, mayonnaise and fish-finger sandwiches. Stuff of dreams.

And now I'm hungry..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't believe you.

ReputationRep:
    oh we have a rebel here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    Just now I made a double decker cheese toastie, and you know what I put in it? I put pasta sauce before toasting it, and from this, I created a sandwich fit for a God.
    I am VERY hungry right now. Thx :cute:

ReputationRep:

Thank you
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by iEthan)
    We used to have these at home as children. Loved them.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    We used to have these at home as children. Loved them.
    They're so easy to make too!! Although these days I moan if I have to make a cheese sandwich so I probably wouldn't mess around with a grill and tomato purée… :erm:

ReputationRep:

Now as its a double decker sandwich, the tomato sauce was absorbed by the middle piece of bread, creating a soft yet consistent middle where the bread, tomato sauce and cheese fused together harmonically. The contrast between the outside toasted bread and the inner good made for a spectacular texture as I bit into it.

This is the first time I have ever made anything like this, and I plan to make improvements through trial and error to this magnificent little snack which I will update you all with.

Thank you

:adore:

YOLO

YOLO

YOLO

YOLO

YOLO

ReputationRep:
    I need food now!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.