Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think TSR is having/has had a bad effect on me. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Uh..*exhales.*

Come on Anon, get a grip.

Okay, okay, okay okay.

Okay.

Firstly, can I just say that this site is really quite brilliant. If the internet was a fruitbowl, TSR would be the cucumber. Bc as you all probably know by now cucumber is my absolute favourite fruit! :'3 Just divine. :moon:

I've met some amazing people. - Beyond amazing people. Experienced the highs and the lows. Meh even had a TSR crush...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, me too.-FGS. :bricks:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not that I regret it tbh. - amazing person.- words can't describe. :blushing:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Infact, I dont think I'm over them yet. :indiff:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (I should probably be incredibly embarrassed by this 'thingymajig' (?) I actually don't even know what this is.. :slap: but anyway it doesn't matter that I'm disclosing this information.. Bc um you'll understand why soon.

Anywaaaayy, it's just been an overall great, incredible journey. From the first moment I stepped foot in the year 12 thread.. I had no idea that I would be here for as long as I have but I think I need to get out of the virtual car bc there is no destination to this endless trip.

Basically, I feel like this site is affecting my mental state quite badly and everything that I've written below is what has contributed to me making this desicion.

Right so it'll be, like, a Saturday and I'll basically usually wake up in the morning feeling fairly normal then in the afternoon or sometime in the day I'll start to feel extremely happy to the point where I could do anything and everything. I feel like just running round the house backwards while simultaneously ringing up all my friends and screaming in an operatic tune then doing all my work and revising with enthusiasm and just pure amazingness. - I literally feel off the scale of fabtasticstuffz.

But then after a couple hours or whatever I start feeling really sad for no reason to the point where I just kinda want to cry for eternity and want someone to stroke my hair for absolute ever, telling me it'll all be alright and I start questioning whether I actually have any friends and I feel really demotivated, like, thinking about failure and I get to the point where I don't even know who I am anymore and I feel like life is utterly pointless and I'm never going to get where I want to be and I'm probably going to be lonely forever and die alone having experienced nothing which defines a great life and nobody will know that I'm dead bc nobody cares and I just hate it.

I can go to having a great conversation/moment with my family at dinner to just wanting to erase them from my life a few hours later. - For absolutely no valid reason..

It's really quite embarrassing on TSR too bc one minute I'm posting ever so enthusiastically and trying to help everyone but then the next moment I don't even feel like posting and want to be isolated and feel like the biggest introvert ever but I force myself to be happy bc I have no choice and that's what's to be expected of me and everyone probably thinks I'm bipolar/something and I sound like a broken record and just.. ughh.

The thing is, after all of that I usually end up going to sleep feeling exhilarated. But if I stay up past 1am then I realise that I become really sad again. 2am -5am are literally depressing hours.

I don't mean to come across as though I'm blaming my instability on TSR btw and I apologise if it does seem that way.

I also feel like I have gradually transformed into a really horrible, depressed, rude, mean and overall unhappy person after coming on this site. Before anyone thinks that I'm fishing for compliments, I promise.- I'm really not.. Just hear me out. Please.

When I first joined this site in May 2015, I remember being a fairly happy 17 year old. - No, not just fairly happy.- I was v happpyyyy. (': + Rather sweet too.- Tinychat people can vouch for me, tyvm. But as time went on, my life was just spiralling down a black hole pretty fast. I mean, these past 8/so months have quite frankly been the worst moments of my life. So much bad has happened... Like, so much. It's actually been hell lol. - trying my best not to exaggerate rn. I know I do it a lot. )))': I am forever grateful for the people that have managed to help me through it all. You know who you are, like, really grateful- I couldn't have made it without you... But ofc, equally so much good has happened too! I mean, we can't forget about that, can we? but a bit more v bad stuff has happened recently and I can't cope with anything anymore so uhh..yes. Idk. :cry2:

The way in which I've become horrible is I feel like I've lost my fundamental emotions that make me human. I'm also a lot more horrible to my irl friends. I swear, I dont deserve them. They're so nice to me and I.. Just..have been an awful person recently. In addition to this, I am literally sacrificing my irl life for a browsing session on TSR. For example, My friends will ask if I want to go out and do something and I'll be like " Ohmyg no, I'm so sorry I'm busy- another time?" when in reality I'm on TSR. :dong:

If that's not worrying, I dont know what is.

Plus, I seem to have to take TSR breaks every month.- I genuinely feel like I'm losing it when I'm on this website for too long... I just start taking everything out on everyone. >.>

I just want to sincerely apologise for not being able to personally send out messages to everyone that meant something to me. I love you all, a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Like lots + lots + lots + lots + don't ever forget it. Seriously. Don't forget me either... Or at least, try not to...pretty pls with chocolate sprinkles? :puppyeyes:

Please can someone just post a link to this on my revision thread if possible and/or inform them all that I love them lots and that they'll all do amazingly well and that they shouldn't worry about anything bc they're fab and capable of achieving whatever they set their hearts on. <3 I feel like I've let them down so bad. I hate letting people down. I feel like I've let everyone down. I'm sorry. Truly. Like, really sorry. Please don't hate me for this, I will miss you all more than you could ever imagine.

I am also posting this quite late bc I'm hoping that many of my friends on here will be asleep as I most definitely wouldnt have the willpower to leave if I saw everyone's comments after this post. That's assuming some people will leave comments. I am already in absolute tears rn.

Oh goodness.

Can someone pls come and visit me + stroke my hair FOR THE NIGHT? :toofunny:

I will genuinely pay you. :emo:

Bring biscuits too.

I probably have, like, £3.20..ish on my bank card?It might sound like I'm joking but I'm not even joking. PM me in the next minute for my address/something. ;/

Okay, well..I don't what else I can say. I wish I could've written this in a better manner and I mean, I'd invite the opportunity for anyone to say stuff that they didn't have the chance to say during my time on TSR but I don't think that's.. required?

I love you all.

I'm sorry if I've ever been unnecessarily mean to anyone on here, sorry for all the arguments and all the pettiness. Thank you to all my friends, thank you to all the mods and the C.T. Thank you a whole lot for putting up with me and my rants and my annoyingness and just everything.- I really appreciated it, even if I didn't always show it. >.<

Thank you, TSR. <3

P.S. Pray to the stars that I do amazingly in all my exams and that I make a difference to the earth someplace, somewhere, somehow. :woohoo:

P.P.S. I still love you all.

P.P.S. It's my birthday soon. :cake:

P.P.P.S. I'm mega excited bc birthdays are just the best thing and I can't wait and I love balloons and I love cake as well and I really love receiving presents and it's going to be great, like, super great and Idk why I thought you'd like to know that. Well, you probably didn't but I just wanted to tell you. XD :nutcase:

P.P.P.P.S. I'll BE 18 YEARS OF AGE. LIKE AN ADULT. Anon... an adult¿!¿¡¡! :eek2:

P.P.P.P.P.S. I am currently lying on my living room floor and the light is too bright and it's all hurting my eyes but I totally can't be bothered to turn it down.

P.P.P.P.P.P.S. I simply cannot believe I'm so lazy.

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. That was a lie. I can believe that I'm lazy. :rofl:

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. I amuse myself lots.

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. I NEED TO COMB MY HAIR AND GO TO BED. It is far too late yet I feel the urge to do some snazzy fish plaits.

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S Fish plaits are the best. :'3

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. okay, Im going to get this over with and log out now before I change my mind.

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Jellytots. Forever and always. <3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lLDmrVPQd98 (just bc it's my alltime favourite song.)

.. I'll miss you all so much.

ReputationRep:
    Who are you? It's 5am if I read all this I might off myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Who are you? It's 5am if I read all this I might off myself
    Anon_98. (And ah well, I know you.. Kinda. I do recall you posting on one of my threads in the past but you probably don't remember and you're really quite funny btw. )

Just go to sleep, Whorace. Go to sleep. :hugs:

(Original post by IAmElephant)
    Nobody got time to read this bull.
    I realise it's all just really nonsense but I thought a few people might appreciate the gesture. Sorry. (':

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! I am just speechless.

ReputationRep:
    Bye bye o/

Though I can't imagine you'll be gone for long though.

To be honest I can't imagine TSR being the source of your mental instability; there's probably more to it than that.

If TSR is the source, well, could you at least come back and let us all know so we can save ourselves too?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Awww anon :jumphug: wondering where you had got to :lovehug: i haven't read it all yet cos i gtg now but i'll read it later nonny :lovie: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Uh..*exhales.*

Okay, okay, okay okay.

Okay.

Firstly, can I just say that this site is really quite brilliant. If the internet was a fruitbowl, TSR would be the cucumber. Bc as you all probably know by now cucumber is my absolute favourite fruit! :'3 Just divine. :moon:

I've met some amazing people. - Beyond amazing people. Experienced the highs and the lows. Meh even had a TSR crush...

Anywaaaayy, it's just been an overall great, incredible journey. From the first moment I stepped foot in the year 12 thread.. I had no idea that I would be here for as long as I have but I think I need to get out of the virtual car bc there is no destination to this endless trip.

Basically, I feel like this site is affecting my mental state quite badly and everything that I've written below is what has contributed to me making this desicion.

Right so it'll be, like, a Saturday and I'll basically usually wake up in the morning feeling fairly normal then in the afternoon or sometime in the day I'll start to feel extremely happy to the point where I could do anything and everything. I feel like just running round the house backwards while simultaneously ringing up all my friends and screaming in an operatic tune then doing all my work and revising with enthusiasm and just pure amazingness. - I literally feel off the scale of fabtasticstuffz.

But then after a couple hours or whatever I start feeling really sad for no reason to the point where I just kinda want to cry for eternity and want someone to stroke my hair for absolute ever, telling me it'll all be alright and I start questioning whether I actually have any friends and I feel really demotivated, like, thinking about failure and I get to the point where I don't even know who I am anymore and I feel like life is utterly pointless and I'm never going to get where I want to be and I'm probably going to be lonely forever and die alone having experienced nothing which defines a great life and nobody will know that I'm dead bc nobody cares and I just hate it.

I can go to having a great conversation/moment with my family at dinner to just wanting to erase them from my life a few hours later. - For absolutely no valid reason..

It's really quite embarrassing on TSR too bc one minute I'm posting ever so enthusiastically and trying to help everyone but then the next moment I don't even feel like posting and want to be isolated and feel like the biggest introvert ever but I force myself to be happy bc I have no choice and that's what's to be expected of me and everyone probably thinks I'm bipolar/something and I sound like a broken record and just.. ughh.

The thing is, after all of that I usually end up going to sleep feeling exhilarated. But if I stay up past 1am then I realise that I become really sad again. 2am -5am are literally depressing hours.

I don't mean to come across as though I'm blaming my instability on TSR btw and I apologise if it does seem that way.

I also feel like I have gradually transformed into a really horrible, depressed, rude, mean and overall unhappy person after coming on this site. Before anyone thinks that I'm fishing for compliments, I promise.- I'm really not.. Just hear me out. Please.

When I first joined this site in May 2015, I remember being a fairly happy 17 year old. - No, not just fairly happy.- I was v happpyyyy. (': + Rather sweet too.- Tinychat people can vouch for me, tyvm. But as time went on, my life was just spiralling down a black hole pretty fast. I mean, these past 8/so months have quite frankly been the worst moments of my life. So much bad has happened... Like, so much. It's actually been hell lol. - trying my best not to exaggerate rn. I know I do it a lot. )))': I am forever grateful for the people that have managed to help me through it all. You know who you are, like, really grateful- I couldn't have made it without you... But ofc, equally so much good has happened too! I mean, we can't forget about that, can we? but a bit more v bad stuff has happened recently and I can't cope with anything anymore so uhh..yes. Idk. :cry2:

The way in which I've become horrible is I feel like I've lost my fundamental emotions that make me human. I'm also a lot more horrible to my irl friends. I swear, I dont deserve them. They're so nice to me and I.. Just..have been an awful person recently. In addition to this, I am literally sacrificing my irl life for a browsing session on TSR. For example, My friends will ask if I want to go out and do something and I'll be like " Ohmyg no, I'm so sorry I'm busy- another time?" when in reality I'm on TSR. :dong:

Plus, I seem to have to take TSR breaks every month.- I genuinely feel like I'm losing it when I'm on this website for too long... I just start taking everything out on everyone. >.>

I just want to sincerely apologise for not being able to personally send out messages to everyone that meant something to me. I love you all, a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Like lots + lots + lots + lots + don't ever forget it. Seriously. Don't forget me either... Or at least, try not to...pretty pls with chocolate sprinkles? :puppyeyes:

Please can someone just post a link to this on my revision thread if possible and/or inform them all that I love them lots and that they'll all do amazingly well and that they shouldn't worry about anything bc they're fab and capable of achieving whatever they set their hearts on. <3 I feel like I've let them down so bad. I hate letting people down. I feel like I've let everyone down. I'm sorry. Truly. Like, really sorry. Please don't hate me for this, I will miss you all more than you could ever imagine.

I am also posting this quite late bc I'm hoping that many of my friends on here will be asleep as I most definitely wouldnt have the willpower to leave if I saw everyone's comments after this post. That's assuming some people will leave comments. I am already in absolute tears rn.

Oh goodness.

Bring biscuits too.

I probably have, like, £3.20..ish on my bank card?It might sound like I'm joking but I'm not even joking. PM me in the next minute for my address/something. ;/

Okay, well..I don't what else I can say. I wish I could've written this in a better manner and I mean, I'd invite the opportunity for anyone to say stuff that they didn't have the chance to say during my time on TSR but I don't think that's.. required?

I love you all.

I'm sorry if I've ever been unnecessarily mean to anyone on here, sorry for all the arguments and all the pettiness. Thank you to all my friends, thank you to all the mods and the C.T. Thank you a whole lot for putting up with me and my rants and my annoyingness and just everything.- I really appreciated it, even if I didn't always show it. >.<

Thank you, TSR. <3

P.S. Pray to the stars that I do amazingly in all my exams and that I make a difference to the earth someplace, somewhere, somehow. :woohoo:

P.P.P.S. I'm mega excited bc birthdays are just the best thing and I can't wait and I love balloons and I love cake as well and I really love receiving presents and it's going to be great, like, super great and Idk why I thought you'd like to know that. Well, you probably didn't but I just wanted to tell you. XD :nutcase:

P.P.P.P.S. I'll BE 18 YEARS OF AGE. LIKE AN ADULT. Anon... an adult¿!¿¡¡! :eek2:

P.P.P.P.P.S. I am currently lying on my living room floor and the light is too bright and it's all hurting my eyes but I totally can't be bothered to turn it down.

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. I NEED TO COMB MY HAIR AND GO TO BED. It is far too late yet I feel the urge to do some snazzy fish plaits.

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. okay, Im going to get this over with and log out now before I change my mind.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lLDmrVPQd98 (just bc it's my alltime favourite song.)

I think almost everyone feels that way at some point or another. Anyways how long away are you from birthday? 2 weeks?

ReputationRep:

You'll be back... you know.

ReputationRep:
    Take care anon and hope you feel better! And have a gr8 birthday!

:console: <-- stroking hair :3 xD

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'll miss you, Anon_98! :cry2:

But if you think this is the best thing for you, I'm behind it 100% and I really, really hope you're happy again! :console:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll go and post the link in the revision thread.
    Edit: Turns out someone beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    1) I'd advise seeing a medical professional, not asking for help from students. If you have legitimate concerns for your mental wellbeing, seek the medical professionals.
    2) Stop posting **** on TSR. Stop going on it till the small hours of the morning. Go to bed. If you are on it for too long - if it's taking over your life - then you need to switch off the computer and do something else.
    3) You don't need to apologise for not sending personal messages to people. This is TSR not the workplace. You have no obligations here, it is a social media site. Nothing here is real.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I can relate to some bits of this.

It was... nice talking to you, Miss T, and I hope you feel happier soon. I am not sure what else to say ....

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it wasn't a joke

Anyway who was your crush tho, now that you're never coming back there's no shame in admitting it :yep: ?

ReputationRep:
    take care Anon !!

:hugs:

:wavey:

ReputationRep:

Just thought I'd post your song properly.

Anon_98

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Uh..*exhales.*

Okay, okay, okay okay.

Okay.

Oh goodness.

Bring biscuits too.

I love you all.

Thank you, TSR. <3

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Anon_98 just a couple of songs to cheer you up :hugs:

PS: here's the translation for the German song http://lyricstranslate.com/en/elektr...l-feeling.html

Edit: Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :woo:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Oh this does make me sad… but thank you for your wonderful contribution to our community, your dedication to help others and your continued positivity is endlessly appreciated. Good luck out there Anon :hugs: you know where we are if you ever need us! You will be sorely missed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.