Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I'm going to take my A-levels this year from Maths, Economics and Bussiness Studies as an external candidate (currently I don't live in UK).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Predicted grades: A* - Maths and A's from Economics and Bussiness. I didn't take any AS, because I haven't planned attempt A-levels by 2017/18 at all.
    In April I have equivalent of GCSE exams from triple science, maths, history, citizenship, geography, polish and 2 levels of english, but university don't recognize those.
    I also have issues with university about my age (when courses should start I'll have 15 and 10 months, but most universities taking students only when they're 16 and above). Queen Mary and Goldsmiths rejected me because of my age but they proposed a place for the next year. I still waiting for hearing from King's. Only University of Westmister offered me a place, but I don't think that it is enough for me.

Should I wait one year and applied for ex. to Cambrige/UCL/LSE or go to worse uni in 2016? I really don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    You are so young that first of all, I would not suggest jumping into university at 15 years of age. Secondly, I think you should take a year off and get some work experience or travel or volunteer or whatever else, and then apply to a top school like oxbridge, LSE, ucl. You will not be wasting anytime at all if you took out a year to take a shot at the top unis, given that you're only 15. To make the best of university, I do think you need to have matured a bit. Not just to handle the coursework, but also to handle being given a great amount of freedom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely don't understand how you can get into a situation where you'd be 15 when uni starts. Did you do your GCSEs when you were 13?

And to answer your question I'd wait 2 years instead of 1. But definitely don't attend this year. T

Also who gave you predicted grades when you didn't take any AS exams? I'm so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    I genuinely don't understand how you can get into a situation where you'd be 15 when uni starts. Did you do your GCSEs when you were 13?

And to answer your question I'd wait 2 years instead of 1. But definitely don't attend this year. T

Also who gave you predicted grades when you didn't take any AS exams? I'm so confused

1) I'm in Year 11 equivalent in Poland, everyone in this year was born in 2000.
    2) School in UK, where I'm going to take A-levels. They know my grades from current school and have talked a lot of with principal about that matter.
    I know that is very weird situation.

Thank you for your help, but I can't wait over 2 years, it's too long for me
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Wait a couple of years as you ll have more options then as generally in the uk you can only sign accommodation contracts at 18 trying to go earlier can make things pretty difficult unless you would be living at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Wait a couple of years as you ll have more options then as generally in the uk you can only sign accommodation contracts at 18 trying to go earlier can make things pretty difficult unless you would be living at home.
    I'll live with my kins until I turn 18, but thank u for your help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.