Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing the pre access in September and doing maths English and science as an add on is there anyone studying pre access and how was it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Are you doing proper GCSEs as part of this pre-access course or just 'Access equivalents'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Are you doing proper GCSEs as part of this pre-access course or just 'Access equivalents'?
    Proper GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    What college are you doing this at?

ReputationRep:
    Sgs Filton college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamourprincess)
    Sgs Filton college
    Ahh ok cool

ReputationRep:
    Hello I start the pre access science in September 2016 in Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    That's good

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm just finishing my pre access course in English Science and Maths.

I found it fine, two days in college and working 4 days a week with independent study time at home as well (tv has been the kids best friend last few weeks to distract 😱 them so I could study a little more 😳)

The class was more than half the size at the end to what it was at the start, some where kicked off, some changed their minds and some just couldn't fit it in with real life.

Hopefully I'll have my grades to start the level 3 access in biology in September, if not re-sits! I'm not giving up lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexie-lou)
    Hi,

I found it fine, two days in college and working 4 days a week with independent study time at home as well (tv has been the kids best friend last few weeks to distract 😱 them so I could study a little more 😳)

The class was more than half the size at the end to what it was at the start, some where kicked off, some changed their minds and some just couldn't fit it in with real life.

Hopefully I'll have my grades to start the level 3 access in biology in September, if not re-sits! I'm not giving up lol.

That's great keep up the good work

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished the health science access course. All i can say is dont under estimate the amount of time you need to set aside. I had 19 units that needed completing we had 3 days a week in college, the rest was self study. The most was 5 weeks of study before a test and piece of coursework and usually all 4 subjects overlapped. For instance i had human cardiovascular, chemistry in society, genetics and human urinary system and access maths (a level work that we have to do) all due in the same week plus an exam for each unit. Thats 2 tests a day plus coursework deadlines.
    I had a baby during the craziness and really struggled to keep up. These courses are fast track for a reason and can be very overwhelming ensure after each lesson you make revision notes as you will need them.
    If you have a week off make use of it and study!!! It was the most rewarding, eye opening course ive ever done but would highly recommend it if you have the dedication.

If i can do it with 4 children, 1 volunteer job thats 24 hour care (doula) and get the grades then anyone can.

Good luck you will love every minute

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=gothicdreamer20;65243217]I have just finished the health science access course. All i can say is dont under estimate the amount of time you need to set aside. I had 19 units that needed completing we had 3 days a week in college, the rest was self study. The most was 5 weeks of study before a test and piece of coursework and usually all 4 subjects overlapped. For instance i had human cardiovascular, chemistry in society, genetics and human urinary system and access maths (a level work that we have to do) all due in the same week plus an exam for each unit. Thats 2 tests a day plus coursework deadlines.
    I had a baby during the craziness and really struggled to keep up. These courses are fast track for a reason and can be very overwhelming ensure after each lesson you make revision notes as you will need them.
    If you have a week off make use of it and study!!! It was the most rewarding, eye opening course ive ever done but would highly recommend it if you have the dedication.

If i can do it with 4 children, 1 volunteer job thats 24 hour care (doula) and get the grades then anyone can.

Good luck you will love every minute[/QUOTE

Wow that's amazing and thanks good luck to you too 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm starting the pre access course on Monday 12th, I'm in group 2 studying psychology, sociology, GCSE maths and English, so I can do the access to HE in health and social care next year.... Im hoping to go onto Uni to study to be a midwife

ReputationRep:
    Kelz80 what college you in?
    I start college pre access science the 12th September
    English,maths , physics,biology,chemistry.
    Hoping to get in to HE Access medicine next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim82!)
    Kelz80 what college you in?
    I start college pre access science the 12th September
    English,maths , physics,biology,chemistry.
    Hoping to get in to HE Access medicine next year.
    Hi Kim, Filton Sgs, what college are you at? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelz80)
    Hi I'm starting the pre access course on Monday 12th, I'm in group 2 studying psychology, sociology, GCSE maths and English, so I can do the access to HE in health and social care next year.... Im hoping to go onto Uni to study to be a midwife
    Hi Kelz80
    Thats good and i am at the same college as you and im in group 1 by the way so hopefully see you there 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexie-lou)
    Hi,

I noticed this too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.