Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am going in to my local hairdressers to ask for a job sweeping floors making drinks if they say no what other jobs can I do I have tried a paper round but there are no available.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by matildaxx)
    I am going in to my local hairdressers to ask for a job sweeping floors making drinks if they say no what other jobs can I do I have tried a paper round but there are no available.
    Maybe babysitting or washing people's cars otherwise you might struggle as legally you re not allowed to work many hours at all at your age.

ReputationRep:
    paper round is the main job for someone your age, unless you're looking at something that's more like odd jobs (like doing someone's car etc)

ReputationRep:
    When I was 14 I used to work at an elderly care home where I would help with sandwiches and tea, also assist in feeding residents if staff were too busy. I got paid about £2.50 an hour for 2 hours in the weekends. I can't really imagine where else they could hire someone as young as 13.

ReputationRep:
    baby sitting, dog walking... a bit of gardening ?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I did a bit of painting and decorating at roughly your age, though that was with my dad. I also occasionally packaged cards for retailers, but that isn't necessarily available to you.

I made most of my money by buying and selling trading cards though. Bought my own phone, my own TV, my own clothes and a PS2 etc. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Dog walking, baby sitting, care homes and stuff like that, odd jobs, some cafes will let you get a job in the back washing dishes and making coffee. oh, pet sitting could work too, for cheap rates.

ReputationRep:
    Please keep replies sensible and on topic

Babysitting at 13? Thats a position of high responsibility and as such, very unsuitable for a 13 year old.

Agree about other stuff such as car cleaning and helping people with minor odd jobs.

(Original post by moonkatt)
    Please keep replies sensible and on topic
    You might be able to use striped paint to disguise your horse as a zebra.

ReputationRep:
    can't get a paper round now as most require a car these days

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.