Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, in the specification for the iGCSE Biology Edexcel, there are points such as
    2.11 describe experiments to investigate how enzyme activity can be affected by changes in temperature.
    Will we ever have to answer questions such as:
    Describe an experiment to show how enzyme activity is changed by a change in temperature. (With no prior diagrams, data etc).
    Just wondering so I know whether I have to memorize all these experiments.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanDaMan)
    Hi, in the specification for the iGCSE Biology Edexcel, there are points such as
    2.11 describe experiments to investigate how enzyme activity can be affected by changes in temperature.
    Will we ever have to answer questions such as:
    Describe an experiment to show how enzyme activity is changed by a change in temperature. (With no prior diagrams, data etc).
    Just wondering so I know whether I have to memorize all these experiments.
    Thanks.
    I would interpret that as you could be asked to design an experiment using the theory that you know for example with enzymes, low activity in cold, high activity at optimum temp, denature at high temp. Therefore say you would measure activity over a range of temperatures.
    I don't think you would need to memorize each experiment word for word but just know the theory and have an idea how you would apply this to do an experiment.
    Its not going to be super complicated as its only GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tenrec)
    I would interpret that as you could be asked to design an experiment using the theory that you know for example with enzymes, low activity in cold, high activity at optimum temp, denature at high temp. Therefore say you would measure activity over a range of temperatures.
    I don't think you would need to memorize each experiment word for word but just know the theory and have an idea how you would apply this to do an experiment.
    Its not going to be super complicated as its only GCSE
    Thanks!
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    As long as you know the general idea of the experiment, you should be fine

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.