Fatiiiimah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys, I wanted to know how many hours a week is a full time ODP degree? How many hours is spent on lectures/ classes/seminars per week minus the placements?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yasmin138
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey. I got into the odp dipHe at bcu. Congrats! I would think 20 to 30 hours of classroom activity per week. I may be wrong. Are you orginally from bham or relocating for uni?
CeeCeePalmer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Fatima & Yasmin

I'm a second year student on the ODP programme at BCU, and typically we have around 37.5 hours per week (sometimes this can be more or less - dependant on timetabling and placement hours). As you're essentially setting yourself up for a role in the NHS, you can be expected to be in lectures anytime from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday (although it's rare that we've stayed beyond 8pm), and with placement it just depends on your clinical area and whoever you're shadowing. This may mean you do weekend work or lates - but it'll be worth it I promise

You might find the following helpful:

http://xoodle.bcu.ac.uk/course/index.php (register for a new account and have a look through the information the lecturers have put up pre-induction)

or you're welcome to chat with us on facebook: BCU Health Sciences 2016

Good luck - C x
ieuansmom
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How long did you all wait after your interviews to hear you got in?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads