Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I wanted to know how many hours a week is a full time ODP degree? How many hours is spent on lectures/ classes/seminars per week minus the placements?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I got into the odp dipHe at bcu. Congrats! I would think 20 to 30 hours of classroom activity per week. I may be wrong. Are you orginally from bham or relocating for uni?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Fatima & Yasmin

I'm a second year student on the ODP programme at BCU, and typically we have around 37.5 hours per week (sometimes this can be more or less - dependant on timetabling and placement hours). As you're essentially setting yourself up for a role in the NHS, you can be expected to be in lectures anytime from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday (although it's rare that we've stayed beyond 8pm), and with placement it just depends on your clinical area and whoever you're shadowing. This may mean you do weekend work or lates - but it'll be worth it I promise

You might find the following helpful:

http://xoodle.bcu.ac.uk/course/index.php (register for a new account and have a look through the information the lecturers have put up pre-induction)

or you're welcome to chat with us on facebook: BCU Health Sciences 2016

Good luck - C x

ReputationRep:
    How long did you all wait after your interviews to hear you got in?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.