Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've started working at legoland the past few days and I've been finding it really hard to balance legoland hours with school revision as I'm studying for my a levels, my boss is making me work full time during this half term but I really need to use this time to revise I've asked her if I can cut down my hours and she said if I come in every day this week she will let me have a few days off next week. I'm not happy with that and a job right now isn't important to me so I'm happy to leave my job, I've explained to my boss if I can work weekends only and if I can't then I will quit my job and she is aware of this yet she expects me in this whole week ?

ReputationRep:
    help she doesn't understand that i can't do full time so I need to leave

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathartic)
    So I've started working at legoland the past few days and I've been finding it really hard to balance legoland hours with school revision as I'm studying for my a levels, my boss is making me work full time during this half term but I really need to use this time to revise I've asked her if I can cut down my hours and she said if I come in every day this week she will let me have a few days off next week. I'm not happy with that and a job right now isn't important to me so I'm happy to leave my job, I've explained to my boss if I can work weekends only and if I can't then I will quit my job and she is aware of this yet she expects me in this whole week ?
    What is your contracted hours? she can't make you work full time if you were contracted 16 hours for example. I would suggest sorting this out with her if no joy then handing your notice in but as you worked only a few days you can just leave if you aren't bothered about the reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    What is your contracted hours? she can't make you work full time if you were contracted 16 hours for example. I would suggest sorting this out with her if no joy then handing your notice in but as you worked only a few days you can just leave if you aren't bothered about the reference.
    I did say that I wanted to work full time during half term and summer which should be 5 days a week but she's making me come in the whole week! and when it's not half term only Saturday's. I thought I could balance full time work with school revision during this half term but I can't so I've asked her to cut those hours down, what should I do? Give my notice in? I don't mind working there I really enjoy it i just want to work less hours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did say that I wanted to work full time during half term and summer which should be 5 days a week but she's making me come in the whole week! and when it's not half term only Saturday's. I thought I could balance full time work with school revision during this half term but I can't so I've asked her to cut those hours down, what should I do? Give my notice in? I don't mind working there I really enjoy it i just want to work less hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are doing overtime then? just say to her you can only work Saturdays as your contract states Saturday only. Go to HR if she dosen't agree.
    I would stay at this job if its Saturday only but if you told her you can do full time over half term then maybe she rostered you in already and she will need someone else to cover. If i get approached to work overtime i would say yes but if i couldn't do i would speak to HR so they have enough time to find someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    You are doing overtime then? just say to her you can only work Saturdays as your contract states Saturday only. Go to HR if she dosen't agree.
    I would stay at this job if its Saturday only but if you told her you can do full time over half term then maybe she rostered you in already and she will need someone else to cover. If i get approached to work overtime i would say yes but if i couldn't do i would speak to HR so they have enough time to find someone else.
    Okay thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You said in your original post you asked her if you can work weekends only but your contract is for Saturday only so you can refuse to do the extra shifts and say you will work to your contracted day that was agreed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.