Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

30th Mar: Do you leave revision to the last minute? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Didn't revise for my GCSE'S or AS', thinking I should revise this year as I need to get AAB to go to uni. Homework is still ridiculous though and extra curricular is through the roof. Could probably do two hours per day if hw stops and I cut back on extra stuff but looks like its not enough.....

ReputationRep:
    I began revising for my Summer Exams (which are in the first week of June), last week. Even though it seems a while away, time goes so fast therefore I'd rather start now and take my revision slowly and calmly rather than rushing it the night before the exam and risking lowering my grades dramatically

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a crammer. In fact, not even that, I guess I'm a shammer! When people say they do 9 hours revision, how do you fill the time? I can read the revision guide in much less!

ReputationRep:
    I had a really bad revision techniques (or should I say, lack of them) throughout all the school years up until really when I started 3rd year at the university. Now studying for my final exams for my BSc - I have 7 exams, starting on 4th of May. I think before I had a lot of problem with just obsessing about exams and stressing about them - then I was told I suffer from severe anxiety disorder. Counselling helped me a lot with that and i could focus on actually just studying again, without all that stress. Obviously I still get stressed, exams are important, but it's not the end of the world if you do badly... Experienced that myself. But I wish someone's told me that earlier in life.

At the moment, I do 3 modules/subjects per day, usually for about 2-2,5 hours each If I'm at work, I do less obviously. Seems to be going well at the moment. I revise only until 6-7 pm, if possible. Then I either watch a movie or go swimming to unwind a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Getting motivates is definitely the most difficult thing! I used to be really motivated for GCSE revision, but now in A2 and in AS last year I just can't get it into my head to revise. With doing 3 essay-based subjects (history, geography,classical civilisation) in each subject I get coursework, essays, research projects, posters e.t.c. for homework each week, with only a few days to do multiple tasks, I struggle to find the time to sleep nevermind revise :cry2::cry:

(Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    This week on The Surgery Gemma & Dr Radha are talking about revision. How much revision do you think is enough? Do you think you’ve aced the revision process or are you struggling to focus when exams still feel a while away?

Share your top revision tips and you biggest revision barriers and we’ll do our best to help get you in the zone on Wednesday 30th March at 9pm on BBC Radio 1.

Please note: You can post on this forum anonymously.
    Does anyone have any good coping strategies on how to calm nerves down during exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meediaabid)
    That's just the pressure of exams for some people, smartest person I know pretty much crumbles under stress and performs poorly in exams, however in class, she's Einstein reincarnated, I'm possibly lucky and not really affected by exams however do take note I haven't sat exams since my GCSE's so my AS levels might be a whole different story
    AS are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't that fantastic?! I'm gonna listen to The Surgery every week now!! And remember, we're all here to help one another, stay positive! xx

I find it so hard to revise in the school holidays. For some reason my brain just shuts down and I seem to forget everything I know and lose the ability to take any information in. I find it easy to revise during the school term as I am in that particular mindset however I struggle to find enough time. I get really frustrated with how I am, I know I should utilise my time during half term because they are such valuable windows for revision. But how can I when I can't discipline myself to be focused and motivated beforehand?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    This week on The Surgery Gemma & Dr Radha are talking about revision. How much revision do you think is enough? Do you think you’ve aced the revision process or are you struggling to focus when exams still feel a while away?

Share your top revision tips and you biggest revision barriers and we’ll do our best to help get you in the zone on Wednesday 30th March at 9pm on BBC Radio 1.

Please note: You can post on this forum anonymously.
    I try to do something everyday. It's normally about 6 hours worth but may spill into the 7. My biggest fault is time management as I do 5 AS levels and never know what to revise next.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you go to the BBC Radio 1 website, there's a link if you scroll down the page about beating your revision enemies and there are some useful tips and resources on there which I found helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys whoever can read it

I just made this account yesterday so i can get help on revising for gcse maths which I wilL be taking. I'm not sure how I can start revising. If anyone has any advice please can you let me know. i really want to pass this year.

thanks guys

Do your revise 9 hours a day? Or 9 hours over the whole holidays?

I am planning to start revision in the spring break holidays. I have done bits of revision throughout the year due to mock exams but most of the people I know have done this also so I don't feel like I am leaving it to the last minute even though teachers are saying we should have started revision by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    I do 8-9/10 too, I start at 8 am and finish around 6,gives me time to chill out too!
    ****!! i do 5 hours in the holidays a day, but have been revising since the start of the academic year, what grades are u predicted and have have you only started revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    AS are you doing?
    I think you're referring to what subjects I'm doing, maybe

I'm doing physics, maths, chemistry & psychology for the bants
    Spoiler:
    Show
    jk I'm doing psychology bc its really interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meediaabid)
    I think you're referring to what subjects I'm doing, maybe

I'm doing physics, maths, chemistry & psychology for the bants
    Spoiler:
    Show
    jk I'm doing psychology bc its really interesting
    woops Typo. jheeze thats similar to me instead of psyc I did Bio.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    woops Typo. jheeze thats similar to me instead of psyc I did Bio.
    Good luck!
    Damn - I nearly took bio but the sheer volume of material you have to learn is ridiculous.

Thank you - you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleggj88)
    ****!! i do 5 hours in the holidays a day, but have been revising since the start of the academic year, what grades are u predicted and have have you only started revision?
    I've been revising since September, like been doing notes everyday and going over them. I'm predicted 3 A*s you?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted 4 A s, what subjects do you do then

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.