Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, I am a British citizen but living in France for 5 yrs will I be eligible for maintenance loan??, If yes do I have to prove my residency which was in France??
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ninjamoe)
    hi, I am a British citizen but living in France for 5 yrs will I be eligible for maintenance loan??, If yes do I have to prove my residency which was in France??
    you have to have lived in the uk for the past 5 years to be eligible for it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    you have to have lived in the uk for the past 5 years to be eligible for it now
    but am UK national and hv read somewhr tht am eligible bcs i hv exercised the right of residence in the EEA and I hv lived in England before I left .

ReputationRep:
    All you need is a British passport. I have enquired and been told that residence is not only your physical prescence in a country. Upon filling out forms you may be classified as a non uk student up to you to make it clear to your uni that you have a british passport, so that you get charged the right fees and get the right financial support.

Long story short. Valid British passport = 9k a year tuition fees + eligibility for maintenance loan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuvela)
    All you need is a British passport. I have enquired and been told that residence is not only your physical prescence in a country. Upon filling out forms you may be classified as a non uk student up to you to make it clear to your uni that you have a british passport, so that you get charged the right fees and get the right financial support.

Long story short. Valid British passport = 9k a year tuition fees + eligibility for maintenance loan

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hv a British passport but the main problem is I hv been living in France for nearly 5yrs will they be needin me to provide proof of residence??

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.