ninjamoe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi, I am a British citizen but living in France for 5 yrs will I be eligible for maintenance loan??, If yes do I have to prove my residency which was in France??
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ninjamoe)
hi, I am a British citizen but living in France for 5 yrs will I be eligible for maintenance loan??, If yes do I have to prove my residency which was in France??
you have to have lived in the uk for the past 5 years to be eligible for it now
ninjamoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
you have to have lived in the uk for the past 5 years to be eligible for it now
but am UK national and hv read somewhr tht am eligible bcs i hv exercised the right of residence in the EEA and I hv lived in England before I left .
Zuzuvela
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All you need is a British passport. I have enquired and been told that residence is not only your physical prescence in a country. Upon filling out forms you may be classified as a non uk student up to you to make it clear to your uni that you have a british passport, so that you get charged the right fees and get the right financial support.

Long story short. Valid British passport = 9k a year tuition fees + eligibility for maintenance loan

Posted from TSR Mobile
ninjamoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zuzuvela)
All you need is a British passport. I have enquired and been told that residence is not only your physical prescence in a country. Upon filling out forms you may be classified as a non uk student up to you to make it clear to your uni that you have a british passport, so that you get charged the right fees and get the right financial support.

Long story short. Valid British passport = 9k a year tuition fees + eligibility for maintenance loan

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hv a British passport but the main problem is I hv been living in France for nearly 5yrs will they be needin me to provide proof of residence??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise