The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baturay
Yes, am on it. I had applied to Newcastle, Nottingham Trent and Chester and I have gotten unconditional offers. But I don't know whether I will be nominated or not.
welcome on board. i got unconditional offer from strathclyde...still waiting on some nd hoping we get nominated. we can share our views and progress on this platform. others will join as the date getz closer
Original post by Pompey4
lol. very nice. i applied to Glasgow and Newcastle too. Have u heard from Glasgow? I think there EAS portal has closed fro applications. You finished with a first class, i guess?

Hi please direct me how to go about submitting more than one University as my nominating agency for the common wealth shared scholarship scheme. Do I need to start a new application for each University
Original post by KAREMITA
Hi please direct me how to go about submitting more than one University as my nominating agency for the common wealth shared scholarship scheme. Do I need to start a new application for each University
hello karemita. yes, you need to start a new application for each university on the commonwealth eas portal. this thread is no longer active because they all got the scholarship and left. we have a new thread for 2017.
Where is the thread for 2017?
Reply 1304
Original post by fembas
Keele university and university of bristol both showing Adviser NA1. Environmental sustainability!

Hello Fembas. Sorry to disturb. Would like to know how the whole thing went last year. Did you win the award eventually?

Regards
Reply 1305
Original post by Mjemil
welcome on board. i got unconditional offer from strathclyde...still waiting on some nd hoping we get nominated. we can share our views and progress on this platform. others will join as the date getz closer

Wishing you success. I also got unconditional offer from about three Universities now. Keele and Aberdeen seem to both be dragging my unconditional offer despite that they confirm I have submitted all necessary documents
Original post by oropo
Hello Fembas. Sorry to disturb. Would like to know how the whole thing went last year. Did you win the award eventually?

Regards

Oropo,

Unfortunately, I didn't get it last year.
Reply 1307
Original post by fembas
Oropo,

Unfortunately, I didn't get it last year.

But I read the over-sixty pages thread of last year and saw you post that you got offers and nominations?
Original post by oropo
But I read the over-sixty pages thread of last year and saw you post that you got offers and nominations?

Maybe you didn't read in between the lines. I only affirmed being on a reserve slot with Keele!
Reply 1309
Original post by fembas
Maybe you didn't read in between the lines. I only affirmed being on a reserve slot with Keele!

Better luck this year then. I guess we're now on it together this year. You'll have little trouble applying to schools if you deferred your admission last year although I'm aware some schools that were in last year are not now.

Anyways, best of luck
Hi.Fembas.I am Naveen from Hyderabad.I need a little help on how to write the supporting statement.Can u please guide me.Thanks.
Hello, Richard.I need a little help on scholarship process.Can u please direct me
Hey is it mandatory to have an unconditional offer in order to be nominated?? I mean universities won't nominate us if we dont have an unconditional offer?
Original post by Pompey4
Hi Syed. I received an official mail from the university of Glasgow that I was nominated. The message came in on 30th of march and that's why Glasgow told commonwealth to extend its deadline till 1st April so that nominated candidates can apply. I haven't heard from Leeds and Durham. What was ur course at Glasgow? Mine was physics energy and environment and my agency input section have been completed for Glasgow.

Hello.I am Naveen from India.I have applied for CSS Scholarship at glasgow.When can I hear from them if I am nominated.Thanks.
Original post by hope123456
Hello.I am Naveen from India.I have applied for CSS Scholarship at glasgow.When can I hear from them if I am nominated.Thanks.

By the 2rd week of April, you will know your fate. You have to track your application from the EAS tray to know if your agency input has been completed by your nominating agency. Then, know the stage of your application i.e if it is still with the nominating agency 1 or Adviser. If there are changes from the initial status of your application, It is an indicator that you might be nominated for the scholarship.
Anyway, this is a closed thread for 2016 scholars. I have created a new thread for prospective 2017 CSS scholars. I suggest we should use that rather than this closed/old thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mjemil
hello everyone,
my name is jemil. I applied for the 2017 commonwealth shared scholarship.would like to know if anyone is in on it.
Thanks

Yeah, I just submitted mine yesterday
If I choose NIOS instead of CBSE in India, will it hurt my chances of getting this scholarship?
Hi everyone, hope you are all good? i applied to the university of strathclyde, is still with nominating agency. it hasn't changed since submission. Please what does that means? any help asap
Good day to all, I've applied for Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters and Ph.D. study at a UK university since last year. I can no longer access my online application which they say is with the CSC. Can anyone say when applicants will be notified if their application is successful or not?
Original post by DeryckDeon
Good day to all, I've applied for Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters and Ph.D. study at a UK university since last year. I can no longer access my online application which they say is with the CSC. Can anyone say when applicants will be notified if their application is successful or not?

Hey! I read it somewhere on the thread here that being nominated by the University pretty much means a successful application, unless you fail to clear your medical verification process. Seems like some good news is in order for you!

Could you tell me which university you've applied through? I have applied through LSE and my CSC status still says the application is with NA1. I'm starting to lose hope since it's so close to the deadline now. Hoping for the best, nevertheless!

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending