Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baturay)
    Have you been informed by the university of Chester that you are an award winner???
    Yes i have. Was nominated on the 4th April, 2017 for the program MSc. Wildlife Conservation. My application is already with the commission awaiting formalization.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Simons)
    A nomination by the agency means you are through. Congratulations! I am a awardee too at Chester. Hope we meet some day. Lols
    Thank you! And congrats to you too! What programme did you get it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainabkay)
    Thank you! And congrats to you too! What programme did you get it for?
    My undergrad? Tourism.

ReputationRep:
    anyone who applied at Bangor university any responses yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loloita)
    anyone who applied at Bangor university any responses yet
    I am, Wetland Science ad Conservation. No responses yet.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Ashamidu10,
    I also received an unconditional offer for Pharmaceutical analysis. However my EAS application states it's still with the nominating agency. You are not alone. If there are any updates or if you find out something new. Please let me know. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    Please has anyone from the University of Oxford been nominated for the Commonwealth shared Scholarship his year?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, i just found this thread while trying to find some answers regarding the commonwealth scholarship. i applied to aberdeen and recieved this mail some minutes ago :

"
    Dear Ewomazino, I am writing further to your application for funding through the 2017 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme. The University has reviewed applications and made its decision on who to nominate to the Commission for funding. Unfortunately the University has not chosen to select you as its first choice candidate. I understand you will be disappointed by this decision. The Shared Scholarship is a highly competitive scheme and we received a high volume of applications for 4 awards.
    We do hope that you will still pursue your study with us. You may wish to consult our funding database for other potential sources of funding. Yours Sincerely Robert FindlayAdministrator for the Commonwealth Shared ScholarshipUniversity of Aberdeen"

please does it mean i am on the reserve list ? my appliction is still showing with Nominating Agency 1 on the commonwealth portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Simons)
    Get this, most UK Universities, including Stirling do not charge for admission application; being offered an Unconditional admission does not necessarily mean you wil get the award. However, the unconditional admission is a requirement for the Commonwealth Commission to confirm the award. About paying for Tier 4 visa, write to Stirling's international office telling them you are an applicant for the CSS scholarship. This way, they should consider an extension to pay for the visa fee. If you are successful in the award, the scholarship covers all these expenses. You may wish to check the CSS website for comprehensive details of what the award covers. I wish you the best!!
    Thanks Jack
    I have one more query. As per the CSC website, the University is supposed to send the list of students by April 26th. My application in CSC still shows "Now with University of Sterling" and it also shows "since April 26". Does it mean that the University has not nominated me to CSC?

ReputationRep:
    I received an email from the university of Bath saying that i was chosen as a reserve for the award, however when i visited the CSS applicant's portal, i found out that my application was deleted. Does it mean i don't still have a chance to get the award? Anyone please tell me!!

ReputationRep:
    I received exactly the same message from the same university, i think our applications were simply unsuccessful!!!
    (Original post by mazino)
    Hello everyone, i just found this thread while trying to find some answers regarding the commonwealth scholarship. i applied to aberdeen and recieved this mail some minutes ago :

"
    Dear Ewomazino, I am writing further to your application for funding through the 2017 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme. The University has reviewed applications and made its decision on who to nominate to the Commission for funding. Unfortunately the University has not chosen to select you as its first choice candidate. I understand you will be disappointed by this decision. The Shared Scholarship is a highly competitive scheme and we received a high volume of applications for 4 awards.
    We do hope that you will still pursue your study with us. You may wish to consult our funding database for other potential sources of funding. Yours Sincerely Robert FindlayAdministrator for the Commonwealth Shared ScholarshipUniversity of Aberdeen"

please does it mean i am on the reserve list ? my appliction is still showing with Nominating Agency 1 on the commonwealth portal

ReputationRep:
    hello all
    plz tell me what do you mean by nomination
    is it final step..does uni notifies you when u are nominated
    bcz its over 26 april and 5 out of 6 applications of mine have been rejected but one is still there and in it the section AGENCY INPUT has been compltely filled by university on 18th april. so what does it mean

ReputationRep:
    hello All,
    please tell me what does nomination means..how we will know that we are nominated
    i mean 26 april has passed and 5 out of 6 of my applications have been deleted but 1 is not and in that 1 in the portion of AGENCY INPUT everything is wriitrn by university and confirmed on 18th april. SO what does it mean ..PLZ tell me

ReputationRep:
    Is that the University of Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twacey)
    is that the university of edinburgh?
    yes its edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    I applied too...the agency details were filled on 18th April but its still at the nominating agency which means that am a reserve. I haven't received any email from the university and when I asked I was told to contact CSC.

ReputationRep:
    +923087279114
    Contact me
    Whatsapp

ReputationRep:
    Please who was nominated by university of Glasgow and would love to reject the offer. I'm a reserve, (the University called me this morning)please if you have more than one nomination you could do me some good by picking another University. Thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.