The Student Room Group

Maths/Further maths modules?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Compost
It should be fine. As I said, I suspect that Edexcel won't notice that your S1 can't be counted. I think you are doing entirely the right thing by making sure you are doing 12 different units but you may accidentally gain by having your Edexcel S1 count in FM if it turns out to be better than one of your other Edexcel applied units. You have a legitimate set if they do notice and if they don't it sort of compensates for the lack of maneouverability between Maths and FM for your other Applied units.

However, Edexcel may well query your ability to cash in FM at all as taking Maths is a pre-requisite for taking FM and they will see no evidence that you are taking Maths. I expect that the exam officer will have to resolve that query to them for you.

Ok. But just to confirm I can take Maths with AQA and Further maths with Edexcel? Because some of the guys above said I cant
Reply 21
Taking the easy options I see...
Original post by USB111
Ok. But just to confirm I can take Maths with AQA and Further maths with Edexcel? Because some of the guys above said I cant

I are pretty certain you can - although it will trigger a query from Edexcel it should be resolvable.
Reply 23
Original post by USB111

Please contact the examining bodies before you do so.
OCR say:

FAQ

How do I enter for Further Maths if my A level is with another specification or exam board?
We need to know what specification the Maths qualification was entered for, and what units were usedin the certification. It is important that the units for Maths and Further Maths do not overlap. We askcentres to complete a form to give us this information.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/81177-faqs.pdf

I imagine it is similar with Edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest