Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone know when the mocks for next years GCSE applicants will be? They will no doubt be around November/December 2016 but I just want to know if anyone knows the exact dates?

Sorry the thread title is supposed to be 2016/17!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca850)
    Hi, anyone know when the mocks for next years GCSE applicants will be? They will no doubt be around November/December 2016 but I just want to know if anyone knows the exact dates?
    Mocks are done internally (i.e. by your school). Because of this, there are no 'exact' national dates for mock exams (every school will do the mocks on different dates).

Best to ask your school if they have arranged this yet, but I doubt they would have - they'll probably be more focused on the current cohort.

ReputationRep:

It depends on the school, so you should probably ask your own school about when it's doing the mocks.

ReputationRep:

Are you in year 10....because I am and I think the mocks are in November/December it depends on your school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    Mocks are done internally (i.e. by your school). Because of this, there are no 'exact' national dates for mock exams (every school will do the mocks on different dates).

Best to ask your school if they have arranged this yet, but I doubt they would have - they'll probably be more focused on the current cohort.
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    It depends on the school, so you should probably ask your own school about when it's doing the mocks.
    Oh okay so I will have to wait until my school have figured it out then? I thought it was put in place by the exam boards but obviously not then😂 Thank you!

(Original post by *Alisha*)
    Are you in year 10....because I am and I think the mocks are in November/December it depends on your school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I am in year 10. I think they're end of November/December but I'm not really sure.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay so I will have to wait until my school have figured it out then? I thought it was put in place by the exam boards but obviously not then😂 Thank you!
    Yes! Each individual school does the mock exam timetable The real exams (2017 GCSEs) will have timetables set in place by the exam boards as these are official and externally set. The exam timetable for your 'real' exams will be available around September, if I'm remembering correctly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.