Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    But I do not feel the need to silence those that offend me. Whoever told you you had that right is a liar.

I don't say this in defense of some puerile politically incorrect response to the regressive left bullies, that is as much a lie as political correctness itself, but because I hate bullies, with all my heart.

ReputationRep:
    The right to not be offended doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    Tell that to Muslims, feminists, regressive leftists, and Social justice warriors

ReputationRep:
    I'm offended that you're offended
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i think steven Fry sums this up best.

We get far to touchy when someone claims to be offended, and as such it is used to shut people up when they try to present well thought out opposition to certain peoples views, such as those wdkmwd listed, so it most definitely used as a bullying tactic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    i think Stephen Fry sums this up best.

We get far to touchy when someone claims to be offended, and as such it is used to shut people up when they try to present well thought out opposition to certain peoples views, such as those wdkmwd listed, so it most definitely used as a bullying tactic
    Beat me to it.

"Well, so ****ing what?" - Stephen Fry

k...

ReputationRep:
    ****in dope fam
    no one cares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien96)
    I hate bullies, with all my heart.
    Then you should take a stand against bullying, hate speech etc., rather than moaning about 'freedom of speech' stopping people from saying deeply offensive things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    Then you should take a stand against bullying, hate speech etc., rather than moaning about 'freedom of speech' stopping people from saying deeply offensive things
    Firstly you can do both, and should do both!

Secondly you should stand up against all offensive things if you are to be consistent, including offense committed by perceived minorities.

Thirdly I could say you are "Moaning" too, it isn't a critique of my position, just a weak insult.

Fourthly your opinion offends me, should I have the right to silence you?

Fifthly, I didn't say i support hate speech. Incitement to violence is legislated for, rightly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.