Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people believe the western lies about Assad in Syria? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Have we not learnt anything from Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Palestine...and so on?

Assad is innocent. He has done nothing wrong. He is defending himself against terrorists. The so called "rebels" are terrorists like ISIS fuelled by a hatred towards Shia Muslims. It is the Sunnis that are the problem.

The west back the terrorists in an attempt to topple Assad and thwart Russia. It is childish war games.

May Assad and Putin drink the blood of every man, woman and child who tries to kill him and destroy his country. Long live Assad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver_94)
    Have we not learnt anything from Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Palestine...and so on?

Assad is innocent. He has done nothing wrong. He is defending himself against terrorists. The so called "rebels" are terrorists like ISIS fuelled by a hatred towards Shia Muslims. It is the Sunnis that are the problem.

The west back the terrorists in an attempt to topple Assad and thwart Russia. It is childish war games.

May Assad and Putin drink the blood of every man, woman and child who tries to kill him and destroy his country. Long live Assad!
    I wouldn't go that far.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The thing is that the leaders of the major western powers see it as their right to drag the middle east in a direction that the populace are not ready/able to do so, which requires the toppling of the local leaders and introdcing instability to the region.
    I agree, we should just leave off and let them sort their sh.it out, but the slew of problems our leaders have caused wont go away for a long time regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    I wouldn't go that far.
    There is no proof and before you source a western controlled media outlet think again. We already made that mistake with Iraq

ReputationRep:
    There is no proof and before you source a western controlled media outlet think again. We already made that mistake with Iraq
    I think there is plenty of independent proof of Saddam's nastiness. Likewise Assad.

It is Moslems that have been at war against Assad for many years, not westerners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I think there is plenty of independent proof of Saddam's nastiness. Likewise Assad.

It is Moslems that have been at war against Assad for many years, not westerners.
    It is a rift caused by Sunni Muslims but the west have capitalised on this for their political motives

ReputationRep:
    I am confused op. You started a thread 23 hours ago saying you werent a muslim and ~20 minutes ago you made a post on another thread about being a sunni muslim. What is your agenda?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dallen)
    I am confused op. You started a thread 23 hours ago saying you werent a muslim and ~20 minutes ago you made a post on another thread about being a sunni muslim. What is your agenda?
    Please quote where i said I was "Sunni Muslim", I want a link to the thread and screen pics because you are talking absolute bull****, I look forward to this

ReputationRep:
    I've always been on the side of Assad. He's on the right side of history alongside Russia.

ReputationRep:
    Assad is pure evil and must go. Anyone is better than him

ReputationRep:
    can't mossad the assad :cool:

ReputationRep:

I wouldn't go as far as to say Assad is this "virgin princess", the little victim *sob sob

I think they're all corrupted, the west included.

ISIS didn't rise from the desert, they were trained by US military. Osama Bin Laden worked with the CIA prior to the formation of Al Qaeda.

Sunnis and Shia muslims are not the problem.... no the problem lies with humans- power, greed, power, more greed, political "diplomacy" (my ass), negotiations, "oh I didn't get what I want, let me go kill people, that'll teach them", more power.

No one is "innocent" per se!

ReputationRep:
    Please quote where i said I was "Sunni Muslim", I want a link to the thread and screen pics because you are talking absolute bull****, I look forward to this
    Ah in fairness to myself upon opening the thread you quoted someone. "http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3976343&page=2& highlight=&p=63732747#post637327 47"

However, your arguements are trollworthy. A 2 day old account with 56 posts all referring to islam/assad. I am suspicous but also too busy to really continue any further as frankly i dont care about this side of TSR.

ReputationRep:
    It is a rift caused by Sunni Muslims but the west have capitalised on this for their political motives
    So, you don't condemn those who started the war, who are Moslems, nor those who provoked the war, who are also Moslems, but you do condemn those who seek to limit the war and who are helping the refugees, because they are not Moslems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    Assad is pure evil and must go. Anyone is better than him
    Assad is the only man who wants to resolve the problem while the Sunnis carry on flaming the fire. I would give my life for Assad. Let's pray he dines on the corpses of all those who oppose him

ReputationRep:
    I would give my life for Assad
    Why aren't you in Syria then?

ReputationRep:
    I would give my life for Assad.
    Please hurry up.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I love this argument that Assad is fighting terrorists and should be lauded for it. A radical insurgency does not appear overnight. Events in Syria started as peaceful protests that Assad responded to with bullets, he created the mess he is in and helped fuel the rise of Isis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    I love this argument that Assad is fighting terrorists and should be lauded for it. A radical insurgency does not appear overnight. Events in Syria started as peaceful protests that Assad responded to with bullets, he created the mess he is in and helped fuel the rise of Isis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The so-called Arab Spring were created by foreign elements. Not only in Syria but also in the rest of Arab world. Thoose protest were not in favour of democracy but of Islamism. Whil it is true that Assad my not be innocent he is certainly having a higher moral ground than the US backed rebels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The protests were in favour of terrorism and the likes of Isis. They were controlled by the west

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.