Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm nearing the end of my 2nd year studying Psychology, and my personal tutor has suggested I take a Leave of Absence and repeat this year in September 2016.

I was a high achieving student in my 1st year, but due to my recent diagnosis of depression and subsequent drop in my grades (84% to 58%) I think this is probably a good idea.

I'm just concerned about my Student Finance though...
    I'm due the best part of £2500 off Student Finance on April 2nd, and still have £800 to pay in rent.
    I'm also due £750 in bursary and scholarship (given by my uni) on 28th April - however will have (potentially) taken LOA by then, as the application has to be sent off by April 15th.

Will I be entitled to keep the SF already paid to me, and what're my chances of being entitled to my bursary and scholarship?

Thanks in advance
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I think you will be able to keep any money you're given before you actually apply for the LOA, so you may not be able to keep the £750 in bursary, but everything else you will. Double check with your uni finance department to be sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.