The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
endorf
what relationahip ??!! there is none. we conflict directly on the majority of policy issues with EU member states.

Yeah but policies aside, we still align ourselves with them by being part of the EU. If we actively withdraw ourselves from that, it's just going to be a slap in the face, and we'll have severed all ties completely.
Reply 61
endorf
dont exactly have to go far to find an example either, a certain war.

But that war wasn't something that the UK wanted, it was Blair's way of sucking up to Bush, it had nothing to do with how the public felt about the issue. Maybe if we were closer to the EU and further away from the US, we wouldn't have got so involved.
Reply 62
vinz
aww, diddums. unfortunatly i don't argue with retards on the internet, so save your facts and prequotes for someone else.

haha embarassing. do you know the EU stands for "European Union", yes.. really it does. idiot.. dont pass comment on something you know fk all about. you have disgraced yourself, leave with some dignity intact, you worthless piece of sh*t.
Reply 63
endorf
haha embarassing. do you know the EU stands for "European Union", yes.. really it does. idiot.. dont pass comment on something you know fk all about. you have disgraced yourself, leave with some dignity intact, you worthless piece of sh*t.

endorf come down
u know what will happen if u say things like that.
Reply 64
of course i know the EU is the european union, i've just spent the last year studying the EU and the eurozone and other issues, and then just done two exams with the EU being the major topic. so ya, i think i know. nice to watch you break tho :wink:
Reply 65
shushimeng
endorf come down
u know what will happen if u say things like that.

what right has he got to say things liek that though, i was having a serious debate about some real issues, whilst this idiot comes on, knowing nothing, and making meaningles comments.
Reply 66
I don't know how high morality rates with you guys, but would I be the only person feeling extremely guilty for withdrawing our billion pound investment in trying to brgin the rest of the EU up to speed in terms of healthcare/education/employment? These people have just as much a right to these things as we do, we are in no way better human beings for denying them these rights and concentrating on our already greedy/obese nation.
Reply 67
vinz
of course i know the EU is the european union, i've just spent the last year studying the EU and the eurozone and other issues, and then just done two exams with the EU being the major topic. so ya, i think i know. nice to watch you break tho :wink:

well done, so why dont instead of saying "your dumb", make some actual meaningful comments to prove that i am wrong. and i am more qualified on this matter than you, since 2/3 a2 level exams are based on the euro zone.
Reply 68
stu673
I don't know how high morality rates with you guys, but would I be the only person feeling extremely guilty for withdrawing our billion pound investment in trying to brgin the rest of the EU up to speed in terms of healthcare/education/employment? These people have just as much a right to these things as we do, we are in no way better human beings for denying them these rights and concentrating on our already greedy/obese nation.

yeah i feel that too, but i dont think endorf or any other anti-eu people are gonna accept that as an argument
Reply 69
stu673

I think that equity is a good argument too. It could be argued we have a moral obligation to help people who are less fortunate than ourselves, rather than trying to turn ourselves into America.
Reply 70
Ellie4
I think that equity is a good argument too. It could be argued we have a moral obligation to help people who are less fortunate than ourselves, rather than trying to turn ourselves into America.

which donates only 1% of its wealth to poor countries :rolleyes:
Reply 71
Fly By

Well exactly, they spend more on McDonalds than helping with poverty.
Reply 72
Fly By

i didnt know of this figure but 1% is a large sum of money. and if you are so bothered about those less fortunate than ourselves, dont forget they still have to pay the high food prices that CAP creates, reducing disposable income and making them worse off anyway.
Reply 73
endorf
i didnt know of this figure but 1% is a large sum of money. and if you are so bothered about those less fortunate than ourselves, dont forget they still have to pay the high food prices that CAP creates, making there disposable income negligable and making them more worse off anyway.

Yes, it is a large amount of money as a number alone, but compared to the proportion of America's wealth, it's negligable. The CAP is a ridiculous excuse for a scheme, but it was originally intended to help support poor farmers, the intentions were right, it just happened that we started propping up inefficient farmers and producing surplus food.
Reply 74
Ellie4
Yes, it is a large amount of money as a number alone, but compared to the proportion of America's wealth, it's negligable. The CAP is a ridiculous excuse for a scheme, but it was originally intended to help support poor farmers, the intentions were right, it just happened that we started propping up inefficient farmers and producing surplus food.

intentions mean nothing, and they are still running it, they could simply admit they were wrong and terminate it.
endorf
sorry i meant greenland. they joined and left.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/section/greenlan_history.asp

Something I didn't know.

Fly_By
greenland?? isnt greenland in north america??

No it's Europe last time I looked at an atlas.

you keep saying closer trade links with US, but what makes you think they want to? at the end of the day, they are gonna look after their own citizens first no matter how close we are with them.

USA doesn't care about what happens outside of themselves unless it's to their advantage. They have always been like this since they refused to have free trade with Britain after USA was no longer a British colony. People get fed up with this relationship with USA as well.

after studying economics for 2 years and gaining an A grade at a level i assure you i am not. but, since you pass comment, explain why this is dumb...

Economics 'A' level is full of simplistic rubbish, this has been said on this forum before.
Reply 76
endorf
intentions mean nothing, and they are still running it, they could simply admit they were wrong and terminate it.

Well perhaps they should, but us withdrawing from the EU won't make that happen.
Reply 77
NDGAARONDI
http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/section/greenlan_history.asp

Something I didn't know.

No it's Europe last time I looked at an atlas.

USA doesn't care about what happens outside of themselves unless it's to their advantage. They have always been like this since they refused to have free trade with Britain after USA was no longer a British colony. People get fed up with this relationship with USA as well.

Economics 'A' level is full of simplistic rubbish, this has been said on this forum before.

the state of this post would imply you have got no knowledge of economics whatsoever. no evidence of economic terms or justification whatsoever. a poor effort.
Reply 78
Kirki
Of course we should stay in. What would be the reasons for leaving?

£3 billion a year?
Reply 79
Zapsta
£3 billion a year?

kudos to this comment.

Latest

Trending

Trending