Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just curious if any hockey fans lurking here.. I'm half Canuck so was raised with love for the game!

..I'm a Leafs fan

ReputationRep:
    Leafs fan too here

ReputationRep:
    Panthers fan here.

Leafs got me worried yesterday; what a close comeback! :eek:

Who's excited for the playoffs?! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Panthers fan here.

Leafs got me worried yesterday; what a close comeback! :eek:

Who's excited for the playoffs?! :woo:
    I'm a Leafs fan, what's a playoff? Should be good though, I think Panthers might have a good chance this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neptuner)
    I'm a Leafs fan, what's a playoff? Should be good though, I think Panthers might have a good chance this year!
    Heh Leafs played well yesterday, Panthers were 3-0 up and almost gave the game away. :no:

Yep hope so. They broke the franchise record for points yesterday and there's still some games left.

ReputationRep:
    Heh Leafs played well yesterday, Panthers were 3-0 up and almost gave the game away. :no:

Yep hope so. They broke the franchise record for points yesterday and there's still some games left.
    You catching the Panthers game tonight?

I'm happy Leafs clinched last place.. 20% to get Matthews! But something tells me the Oilers will luck out again this year.

ReputationRep:
    You catching the Panthers game tonight?

I'm happy Leafs clinched last place.. 20% to get Matthews! But something tells me the Oilers will luck out again this year.
    Yep watched the game and feel disappointed that the Panthers lost. Despite scoring the leading goals, gave the game away. :sigh:

Sending players to the Oilers is like a death sentence. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I am rooting for the Red Wings this year, Datsyuk is a god :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I am rooting for the Red Wings this year, Datsyuk is a god :moon:
    Did you see that fight yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    I saw the replay of that, was a good one

This was pretty hilarious (edit: Warning: Flyers/Caps spoilers)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXGm3GtrOuo

ReputationRep:
    Actually no, but I saw the news of it. The NHL app is really pissing me off now. For playoff games even if you click on the NHL TV part, it tells you the current score in the series so there is no way of watching an unspoiled game on demand. On the PC client it's even worse because it puts a green dot on the progress bar every time there's a goal. How about it I just want to watch a game the day after without knowing who won because I live in a different time zone??

Coming over from being more of an NFL fan the last few years it is crazy how far behind other sports/leagues are in terms of their production.

ReputationRep:
    Pittsburgh fan here. We're looking pretty hot right now!

ReputationRep:
    The Wings are kinda depressing ngl

ReputationRep:
    Leafs Fan here!!!
    Supporter of Van Riemsdyk!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been keeping up with the playoffs? I'm rooting for the Caps, hoping it goes to 7 games. Also to the Leafs fans here, you hyped for Matthews?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been keeping up with the playoffs? I'm rooting for the Caps, hoping it goes to 7 games. Also to the Leafs fans here, you hyped for Matthews?
    I'm hoping the Penguins win! The first NHL game I ever went to was a Penguins' one so I have a soft spot for them (my spouse is a big fan).

I can't believe Florida though, what a waste.

ReputationRep:
    Bruins fan, since they didn't make playoffs I've become far too busy with exams to be watching hockey (obviously)!

ReputationRep:
    Damn, are they still playing? I guess it's not August yet so the playoffs have a decent way to go.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping the Penguins win! The first NHL game I ever went to was a Penguins' one so I have a soft spot for them (my spouse is a big fan).

I can't believe Florida though, what a waste.
    Boo Pens, although I do have a soft spot for Kessel! I was rooting for Florida but at least they get Jagr for another year.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Sharks fan here. After missing out on the playoffs last year I'm thoroughly enjoying this run so far

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.