Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can someone pls ans these questions for me pls i dont understand how to get the correct ans.

especially (a) (ii), (iii) and (b) (i)

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exotic-L)
    x
    i can't do b part 1 since i'm too inept ;( although i should know how to do it....

a part 2 though
     \omega = \dfrac {\lambda D}{s}

so if you increase s for example  \lambda would get smaller and the fringe spacing would get smaller? so the pattern on the graph would have a lower frequency? so slit width is bigger than wavelength of light? i'm really not sure but it's somewhere to start i guess

then you got part 3
    so increase s decrease w right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    i can't do b part 1 since i'm too inept ;( although i should know how to do it....

a part 2 though

so if you increase s for example  \lambda would get smaller and the fringe spacing would get smaller? so the pattern on the graph would have a lower frequency? so slit width is bigger than wavelength of light? i'm really not sure but it's somewhere to start i guess

then you got part 3
    so increase s decrease w right?
    Thanks for the reply but what does w and s stand for cause I don't learn the formula using those letters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exotic-L)
    Thanks for the reply but what does w and s stand for cause I don't learn the formula using those letters

w = fringe spacing in metres (m)
     \lambda = wavelength of the light in metres (m)
    D = distance between the double slits and the screen in metres (m)
    s = slit separation in metres (m)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.