Turn on thread page Beta

What is your favourite 'cheesy' 80s song? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Ahhh, I see... Yeah, not a fan :lol:

:lol: That's awesome! Can you play All That Jazz yet by the way? (I might at some point ). God :rofl: When you said 'get up', I just thought of this for some reason :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahQZ-ptS9cQ&t=5m11s
    Hahaha I thought not :lol: They're okay (VERY CHEESY) And I think their most famous one is 'Love is all Around'

I haven't yet actually - I have downloaded a tab for it to have a look at at some point! (and please do! I can send you a scan of the page in the book )
    Oh my God.... I should have seen that coming :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    My most played song
    Amellia massively approves.... long live Duran Duran!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    Haha when I put Fashion I actually thought of Bowie :lol:

Awesome!! What songs are on it?

Cool!! Have you seen the video? It is very cheesy!!

Also I love this (dunno what he is doing - dancing perhaps?!?!?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NF6Qa84mno
    Ah it's incredibly hard NOT to think of Bowie for Fashion or... just about everything else! :rock:

Just about everything! It's quite good, there are a variety of playlists on Youtube though - you can just scroll through it

Oh gosh yes! That was playing in the background, I got intrigued :rofl2:

I can't believe it! I've actually heard that one before, I had no idea I had!

Not gonna lie, the tune reminds me of the War of the Worlds :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    Ah it's incredibly hard NOT to think of Bowie for Fashion or... just about everything else! :rock:

Just about everything! It's quite good, there are a variety of playlists on Youtube though - you can just scroll through it

Oh gosh yes! That was playing in the background, I got intrigued :rofl2:

I can't believe it! I've actually heard that one before, I had no idea I had!

Not gonna lie, the tune reminds me of the War of the Worlds :laugh:
    Haha ikr - too true!! :lol:
    Awesome!! Ooo okay I shall be sure to check them out! (I follow some on Spotify but sometimes it is nice to see the videos too!)
    Hahaha :rofl:
    Have you? I think it was their first 'released' song.... such a good tune
    Now you have mentioned it - I actually agree :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Haha ikr - too true!! :lol:
    Awesome!! Ooo okay I shall be sure to check them out! (I follow some on Spotify but sometimes it is nice to see the videos too!)
    Hahaha :rofl:
    Have you? I think it was their first 'released' song.... such a good tune
    Now you have mentioned it - I actually agree :lol:
    It's just sad that he's gone :rip:
    Ooohhh yes do! They're mostly relaxing, apart from the upbeat ones of course!
    It is, you can really tell how much both music AND technology has changed, just look at the special effects in videos made nowadays compared to back then!
    I need to go back further, I think I started at The Beatles and Queen and then just worked my way up to the 80's.
    Ah yes, It isn't just me then! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha I thought not :lol: They're okay (VERY CHEESY) And I think their most famous one is 'Love is all Around'

I haven't yet actually - I have downloaded a tab for it to have a look at at some point! (and please do! I can send you a scan of the page in the book )
    Oh my God.... I should have seen that coming :rofl:
    Ah, I see The name sounds familiar, but I don't think I've heard the song...

Ah, cool! (Yeah I might sometime, when I have a bit more time to... )

Such a good song!

ReputationRep:
    It's just sad that he's gone :rip:
    Ooohhh yes do! They're mostly relaxing, apart from the upbeat ones of course!
    It is, you can really tell how much both music AND technology has changed, just look at the special effects in videos made nowadays compared to back then!
    I need to go back further, I think I started at The Beatles and Queen and then just worked my way up to the 80's.
    Ah yes, It isn't just me then! :laugh:
    Yeah ikr... he will be remembered for his amazing music and being an all round cool guy

Haha :lol: The upbeat ones just make me want to dance!!
    I know what you mean - though it was actually Duran Duran who began the whole 'modern music video' with Girls on Film (they recorded it with a modern camera at the time) Some of effects back then were hilarious :lol:
    Haha cool! I quite like The Hollies and The Easybeats (pre-AC/DC) (I think theyre early 60s)

Haha nope!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see The name sounds familiar, but I don't think I've heard the song...

Ah, cool! (Yeah I might sometime, when I have a bit more time to... )

Such a good song!
    Hahaha its very cheesy - ive only ever heard the whole song on karaoke :lol:
    And you should! Will be so cool!!

It is!! I'm listening to it now

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ikr... he will be remembered for his amazing music and being an all round cool guy

I know what you mean - though it was actually Duran Duran who began the whole 'modern music video' with Girls on Film (they recorded it with a modern camera at the time) Some of effects back then were hilarious :lol:
    Haha cool! I quite like The Hollies and The Easybeats (pre-AC/DC) (I think theyre early 60s)

Haha nope!
    Peace be with you, Bowie!
    Really? That's pretty interesting! :nyan: They were indeed, with some its like watching King Kong vs Godzilla all over again! The graphics were atrocious in that film! :laugh: but I stuck around to watch it!
    Ooohh I will certainly have to check them out!

Good! :banana:

P.S. I've now switched to my general youtube mix, and I'm on 'In My Remains' by Linkin Park - I never thought that I would see the day that i liked their music!

ReputationRep:

Haha nope!
    I do like Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress Only song I actually know of theirs Need to investigate them more sometime...

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha its very cheesy - ive only ever heard the whole song on karaoke :lol:
    And you should! Will be so cool!!

It is!! I'm listening to it now
    I just watched this (OGWT! )

ReputationRep:

he was so cute :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I do like Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress Only song I actually know of theirs Need to investigate them more sometime...
    Oooo cool! haha I cant remember the name of my favourite one by them! :eek: Hmm I will find out (ive posted it before!)

I just watched this (OGWT! )
    Yesss and OGWT!!!! Best music show ever!! I shall listen to that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    Darn you made it earlier than I did!

ReputationRep:
    Peace be with you, Bowie!
    Really? That's pretty interesting! :nyan: They were indeed, with some its like watching King Kong vs Godzilla all over again! The graphics were atrocious in that film! :laugh: but I stuck around to watch it!
    Ooohh I will certainly have to check them out!

Good! :banana:

P.S. I've now switched to my general youtube mix, and I'm on 'In My Remains' by Linkin Park - I never thought that I would see the day that i liked their music!
    Haha yeah! and ikr!!! Hahaha I know what you mean - thank god for HD these days :lol:
    They were quite good, and this was the song I couldn't remember the name of!

I absolutely love this! They kind of remind me of The Beatles!!

Oooo I see!! I have never listened to them! Are they good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzyc501)
    Darn you made it earlier than I did!
    Everytime that gets quoted on here it leaves me in stitches!!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah! and ikr!!! Hahaha I know what you mean - thank god for HD these days :lol:
    They were quite good, and this was the song I couldn't remember the name of!

I absolutely love this! They kind of remind me of The Beatles!!

Oooo I see!! I have never listened to them! Are they good?
    Oh yes! :laugh:
    Oh good lordy they actually do! If I didnt know that it wasn't then I would believe that it was them!
    They are actually, I would recommend 'In my remains' and 'powerless'

Powerless is from the credits of the 'Abraham Lincoln - Vampire hunter' film, I'd recommend that too!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes! :laugh:
    Oh good lordy they actually do! If I didnt know that it wasn't then I would believe that it was them!
    They are actually, I would recommend 'In my remains' and 'powerless'

Powerless is from the credits of the 'Abraham Lincoln - Vampire hunter' film, I'd recommend that too!
    Haha when I saw that performance on tv my little sister was like 'I didn't know there were 5 Beatles' :lol: Haha its the sound from that era I suppose!
    Oooo okay then! I shall have a listen tomorrow then! Really? Haha okay then!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't You Want Me by The Human League.

ReputationRep:
    Haha when I saw that performance on tv my little sister was like 'I didn't know there were 5 Beatles' :lol: Haha its the sound from that era I suppose!
    Oooo okay then! I shall have a listen tomorrow then! Really? Haha okay then!
    Haha :laugh: I can just imagine that! It's like those people on social media who thought that Kayne West had helped McCartney into the music industry.... No.
    They all sound so much alike back then!

It's a good film

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.