Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm looking for a good mmorpg for the PC Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want a fun game which doesn't require the best computer in the world i used to play WoW and I miss it so something similar to that but cheaper would be nice

ReputationRep:
    Black Desert Online has just come out and it's very, very good.
    No subscription fees but £30 to buy the game.
    You didn't state your specs but you'll need a decent computer at least to play it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    I want a fun game which doesn't require the best computer in the world i used to play WoW and I miss it so something similar to that but cheaper would be nice
    League of Legends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacesso)
    Black Desert Online has just come out and it's very, very good.
    No subscription fees but £30 to buy the game.
    You didn't state your specs but you'll need a decent computer at least to play it.
    My specs are
    Processor: AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon (TM) HD Graphics 2.70GHz
    RAM - 6GB (3.99GB usable)
    System type - 64 bit OS x64 based processor

Does that mean anything to you? Because it means nothing to me :']

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    League of Legends.
    Haha everyone says that but i dont want to play it

ReputationRep:
    Well it's not an MMO for a start so...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Really? Why not?
    I thought I hated it until I started playing.
    I refused to play it until one day I couldn't find my xbox controller so I thought I'd give it a go
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Well it's not an MMO for a start so...
    It is.
    It's an MMOBA.
    Although admittedly it's an MMORPG

ReputationRep:
    Really? Why not?
    I thought I hated it until I started playing.
    I refused to play it until one day I couldn't find my xbox controller so I thought I'd give it a go
    Well i've watched a bit of it and it just looks repetative.. i guess i am judging a book by its cover here though :']

ReputationRep:
    Runescape is free and doesn't require much for decent performance

ReputationRep:
    oldschool runescape - Deadman mode $10k on the line, can run on a potato and is quick fun with no strings attatched
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well i've watched a bit of it and it just looks repetative.. i guess i am judging a book by its cover here though :']
    There are over 100 characters and they all have varying levels of difficulty

ReputationRep:
    It is.
    It's an MMOBA.
    Although admittedly it's an MMORPG
    It's a MOBA, not an MMO or MMORPG.

It isn't an open world environment with ceaseless quests to do and ceaseless character progression which are generally the 3 basic defining things in an MMO.

ReputationRep:
    Umm there one was which (I think) was called Star Wars; The Old Republic ( I used to love playing this!!)

ReputationRep:
    There are over 100 characters and they all have varying levels of difficulty
    Okay i'm considering it a bit more.. please tell me more :']
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    It's a MOBA, not an MMO or MMORPG.

It isn't an open world environment with ceaseless quests to do and ceaseless character progression which are generally the 3 basic defining things in an MMO.
    That's not what an MMO is. That's an MMORPG.
    It's an MMOBA - Massively Multiplayer Online Battle Arena

A massively multiplayer online game (MMOG or MMO) is an online game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously in the same instance (or world).
    An MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) is any story-driven online video game in which a player, taking on the persona of a character in a virtual or fantasy world, interacts with a large number of other players.

ReputationRep:
    Club Penguin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Club Penguin
    I was wondering when someone would say that!

ReputationRep:
    That's not what an MMO is. That's an MMORPG.
    It's an MMOBA - Massively Multiplayer Online Battle Arena

A massively multiplayer online game (MMOG or MMO) is an online game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously in the same instance (or world).
    An MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) is any story-driven online video game in which a player, taking on the persona of a character in a virtual or fantasy world, interacts with a large number of other players.

MMOBA is a term? I just googled it and it keeps trying to correct me to MOBA...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Okay i'm considering it a bit more.. please tell me more :']
    I started playing with friends, and that's the main reason i got into it after i got past the early suckage stage and started getting good, i realized that LoL is a competitive masterpeice. It requires more strategy and skill than most MMOs. Thats saying a lot coming from a 10 year WoW player too. I like the play style and the constant mind games. makes me think super hard and always play smarter than my opponent, rather than having better gear than them and just rofl stomping.

League of Legends has several different game modes with its mainstay being a cooperative five versus five layout. There is a casual game mode and then a competitive version, where every player is ranked according to how many points they earn or lose determined by wins or losses respectively.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.