Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good excuse for not seeing my gf this weekend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So my family is coming over this weekend, and tbh I dont want my gf to know because if she did, she'd want to meet them & I'm not serious about her enough yet to be comfortable with that.

The key problem is that my gf lives like 5 mins walk away from me, so there's a chance our paths might cross this weekend, and she would see me with my family (like 5 people).

So I guess I need an excuse that includes my family, but one that means I wont be able to spend time with her. Any ideas?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Honesty is the best policy

ReputationRep:
    my stomach is upset and i have to go to toilet every 10 min so my family is helping me to recover
    is that good enough?

ReputationRep:
    Just say there's some family stuff going on so its not the best time for her to come over.
    • TSR Support Team

Just be honest and say you are not ready for her to meet your parents yet, if she's decent, she will understand.

ReputationRep:
    You feel very ill and to make it worse family is coming over.

anyway tell her get away. LOL

ReputationRep:
    tell her you're on your period

I feel like your weekend is gonna be something straight out of a Disney Channel sitcom...

ReputationRep:
    Be honest.

Otherwise things could get pretty awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kielbasa)
    boys and period
    new species have been discovered

ReputationRep:
    You could tell her you don't like guests at family orgies.

Perhaps an option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nile.)
    So my family is coming over this weekend, and tbh I dont want my gf to know because if she did, she'd want to meet them & I'm not serious about her enough yet to be comfortable with that.

The key problem is that my gf lives like 5 mins walk away from me, so there's a chance our paths might cross this weekend, and she would see me with my family (like 5 people).

So I guess I need an excuse that includes my family, but one that means I wont be able to spend time with her. Any ideas?
    why don't you want to spend time with her?
    but i guess if that's what you want to do then go ahead.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kielbasa)
    Best excuse ever😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tell her that everyone in your family has some annoying but not deadly contagious illness, with a small incubation time. Something that requires a fair amount of exposure to contract, so that they can go out in public.

ReputationRep:
    either tell her the truth or say it's someone's birthday/seeing family who aren't often there/going out for a meal, something that you could say she can't come along to without offending her since if it's a family birthday/infrequent visit it would be reasonable for it to be family only, likewise a meal could be prebooked for just family

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.