Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, anyone been to Marmaris? If so, got a few questions:

- How is the food?
    - How are the people?
    - Anything we should know before hand about the place? Any tips/tricks that we should be aware of?
    - Is there haggling every where for everything?
    - Do you specifically recommend us to do anything whilst we are there?

Going at the end of May (7 weeks left), looking forward to it big time! Got our tickets (hotel/flight included) for £155 each for 7 nights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgeeza)
    Hi all, anyone been to Marmaris? If so, got a few questions:

- How is the food?
    - How are the people?
    - Anything we should know before hand about the place? Any tips/tricks that we should be aware of?
    - Is there haggling every where for everything?
    - Do you specifically recommend us to do anything whilst we are there?

Going at the end of May (7 weeks left), looking forward to it big time! Got our tickets (hotel/flight included) for £155 each for 7 nights.

The food: if you are eating at your hotel then I can't speak for that as often hotel food varies from place to place. However if you decide to eat out then the food is delicious, there are many places with English food if that is what you prefer. I am very picky and have never had a problem with the food in Turkey.

The people: Nicest people that I have ever met. Obviously it is the same as anywhere and you will get the odd one but I have found almost everybody to be extremely pleasant.

Tips/tricks: When walking past shops/stalls try not to make it obvious if you are interested in something or they will be straight on to you. If someone won't give you a price then say that somebody down the street offered it to you much cheaper.

Haggling: Pretty much everywhere. If it is a 'legit' shop selling souvenirs etc. then don't haggle but with most other places selling bags, shoes, jewellery, watches etc. then you can often get prices down a substantial amount.

Recommendations: Visit Amos. It is a tiny, beautiful village with a rocky beach. A good way to experience authentic Turkey. Quad biking is food too. There's so much to do and its easy to find leaflets etc, so you will be able to find things that interest you while you're there.

Have a great holiday!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.