Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my AS levels, Geography English Lit Business and Sociology, and I have no motivation to revise its bad I know..

Ive done all of my notes for each of my subjects, i just have one more mindmap to do for English (the tempest themes) which is good, but now that its come to actually revising that information, it seems so difficult and i get distracted after minutes

Can someone motivate me pleasee, how do you guys stay motivated? I'm not even doing well so I do need to start asap!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, give yourself some mini awards along the way and listen to a motivational play list to get into the mood. Also get rid of distractions like phone etc

ReputationRep:
    same bro same
    Spoiler:
    Show
    for gcses but still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benj1999)
    I'm doing my AS levels, Geography English Lit Business and Sociology, and I have no motivation to revise its bad I know..

Ive done all of my notes for each of my subjects, i just have one more mindmap to do for English (the tempest themes) which is good, but now that its come to actually revising that information, it seems so difficult and i get distracted after minutes

Can someone motivate me pleasee, how do you guys stay motivated? I'm not even doing well so I do need to start asap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry about it, don't be so hard on yourself and just do it
    Why don't you have the motivation to revise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FabulouslyAwks)
    Hi, give yourself some mini awards along the way and listen to a motivational play list to get into the mood. Also get rid of distractions like phone etc
    Ive tried that i had m&ms beside me. And each time i revised a post it note, i told myself i could have one m&m.. But i just ate loads of them without revising xD yeah my phone is very distracting.. I need to get rid of it somehow when i revise. Thank you! I'll try and try to go ahead with my rewards, and i'll also give my phone to my sister or a friend for a while whilst i revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurasaur)
    Don't worry about it, don't be so hard on yourself and just do it
    Why don't you have the motivation to revise?
    I'm not even sure really. I just get impatient, like I don't have the patience to sit down and read flashcards and post it notes... Its bad, I should have the patience as I need the grades, but i cant seem to find any! :cries:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    same bro same
    Spoiler:
    Show
    for gcses but still
    Haha yep! Its quite hard.. What subjects are you doing for GCSE's? How are they going

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha yep! Its quite hard.. What subjects are you doing for GCSE's? How are they going

Posted from TSR Mobile
    maths, eng lit and lang, bio, chem, phys, french, spanish, history and computing

eh they're going alright ish tbh I'm just so bored of most of them and can't wait until I drop everything I hate
    How are your AS's going?

ReputationRep:
    Ive tried that i had m&ms beside me. And each time i revised a post it note, i told myself i could have one m&m.. But i just ate loads of them without revising xD yeah my phone is very distracting.. I need to get rid of it somehow when i revise. Thank you! I'll try and try to go ahead with my rewards, and i'll also give my phone to my sister or a friend for a while whilst i revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah m&ms never seem to work
    Maybe after revision sessions go and make yourself a snack, I recommend Nutella sandwiches, fruit and yoghurt, veg and dip etc
    Try freezing your phone in a giant ice cube!

ReputationRep:
    here's my revision motivation....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    DO IT.... DO IT.....DO IT.....DO IT..... DO IT..... DO IT..... DO IT..... DO IT.....DO IT.....DO IT.....DO IT.....DO IT.....DO IT.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.