Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I can'tunderstand people. I try to understand them, to fit in, but I cannot. Peopleconfuse me. I need to stop caring. I need to stop getting attached. The peopleyou love, they're the only ones that can hurt you. I wish I could remove allfeeling, but I cannot. I am a creature that feels to deeply. Maybe I should cutdown my interactions with people, stick to the bare minimum. The tragedy of alltragedies is that I do not care for those who care for me but instead I carefor those who do not care for me.

Deep downI have this belief that I cannot be loved. I cannot convince myself of anythingcontrary to that belief, it's ingrained in me.

I can'tdeal with people. I want to believe that there are nice people out there, butwhy haven't I met one?

I can seemy past, and how it's made me who I am today. It all makes sense.

The one thing I've learnt is to never generalize. I used to identify as a misanthrope, but there are good people out there. They're just rarer.
    Chin up, anon.

I don't know why it came out like that, I typed it out correctly.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.