Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Doong 5 hours a day but now running out if things to do for them 5 hours - what should I do, there only a limited number of past papers I can do and ive been through my notes a lot of times?
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolme12345)
    Doong 5 hours a day but now running out if things to do for them 5 hours - what should I do, there only a limited number of past papers I can do and ive been through my notes a lot of times?
    Cheers.
    oh my gosh im in the same position as you I don't know what to do either all notes content is all complete past papers too what r u revising we can revise together

ReputationRep:
    Flashcards/mindmaps/quizzes..do past papers from diff exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    So your saying you've already revised everything for the exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    GREAT IDEA¬!!!! Im going to use other exam board papers wy didn't I think of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris2791)
    GREAT IDEA¬!!!! Im going to use other exam board papers wy didn't I think of that
    Dont do pastpapers from other exam boards questions and answer required is different

ReputationRep:
    reduce your hours so that you are still consistently revising each day and don't forget the content? idk because i'm not in your blessed position :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    nah because since these will be done quite recently, you might get used to their format and the way their mark schemes work (which may be wrong for your exam board)

ReputationRep:
    The only subject I still have stuff tomdonfor is English Literature and ive got a lot to for it, what if it goes down to me doing 4 hours of just english literature everyday and an hour on a different subject - does this matter? Is it alright to do ome subject most of the time?

ReputationRep:
    The only subject I still have stuff tomdonfor is English Literature and ive got a lot to for it, what if it goes down to me doing 4 hours of just english literature everyday and an hour on a different subject - does this matter? Is it alright to do ome subject most of the time?
    Yeah it should be fine. I'm doing the same but I'm giving majority importance to science and maths as they are my weakest subjects. Then in between I do history, Spanish Etc

ReputationRep:
    Find other ways of revising - certain websites might give you quizzes and questions on various subjects/topic areas (ex. bitesize) and past papers from other exam boards /might/ work if you only focus on the topics you have covered in your own exam board as well.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.
    1) Do huge (and I'm talking A3 sized) mindmaps for each module/unit. Stick them onto the wall if possible.
    2) According to my biology teacher, "You can never do too many past papers!" (though I would disagree, but hey teachers know their stuff)
    3) If it's maths, consider looking at papers from other exam boards, GCSE further maths or even C1 from the A-Level. You can never complete all questions on those topics.
    4) If it's a MFL, go around the house with sticky notes (if parents will allow it) and label objects with the foreign language. Who knows, it may even benefit the rest of the people living in your house.
    5) Hold study sessions with friends. Test each other on topics etc.
    6) Ask your teachers! It appears that they have an endless supply of material.
    7) You mentioned doing 5 hours of work per day. Remember quality not quantity. Can you think of any methods that would decrease the time needed but allow you to learn more? Not only will this help your GCSEs but it will also benefit your A-Levels where there will be A LOT more content being squeezed into another 2 year course.

Hope this has helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.