Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently go to an all boys top ranked private school and I seriously feel as though I might end up rich but lonely because of my lack of interaction with females.
    Most of my friends see/chat to girls outside of school but they only end up hooking up with one of them.
    I've never really spoken to a girl irl or on social media apart from cousins/sisters etc.

I'm a pretty good looking guy (17, 6'3, probably an 8 out of 10) but I feel as though looks don't do anything for girls because I have 0 confidence when approaching them.

Are there any guys out there that can give me any advice?
    Is there a girl that wouldn't mind me PM'ing her and possibly getting some advice on how to actually talk and get to know girls? I'm really struggling here.

P.S. Thread title should say "need to talk to a female"

ReputationRep:
    From my experience,I had one friend like you.Every time he gets drunk he is so relaxed and gets with everyone on so easily (especially girls) -that could not be the best advice.I just wanted to share

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Iguana)
    I currently go to an all boys top ranked private school and I seriously feel as though I might end up rich but lonely because of my lack of interaction with females.
    Most of my friends see/chat to girls outside of school but they only end up hooking up with one of them.
    I've never really spoken to a girl irl or on social media apart from cousins/sisters etc.

I'm a pretty good looking guy (17, 6'3, probably an 8 out of 10) but I feel as though looks don't do anything for girls because I have 0 confidence when approaching them.

Is there a girl that wouldn't mind me PM'ing her and possibly getting some advice on how to actually talk and get to know girls? I'm really struggling here.

At first I was like this guy needs some serious

Spoiler:
    Show
    thirsty in case no one gets it [1]
    Then I read the post.

Firstly, apologies for being a male I guess? [1]

I just feel like I have some constructive advice if thats ok?

So bottom line is [2] you got the looks and the height and was was like

"huh I bet a student forum could gimme tips because they're so many playas bound to be on here" [1]

Well my you obviously have some confidence man [3], you rated yourself 8/10 and you seem to disprove hooking up I think? Thats some good morals!! respect [4]

Theres not really much I can tell you, the last thing apart from the 5 bits I already mentioned is to be confident, you have to realise girls are just humans too-sidenote pls dont call em 'female' sounds hella scientific!!' [1] - and you need to obviously give em repsect and not be a jerk but just talk to them.

20 seconds of pure courage will get you far, introduce yourself and just do the 5 things!

Sry if it looks wikipedia, I copied this off the web [1] ............jokes....the advice is there! look carefully! [5]

[1] =humour element, crucial one

[2] =be assertive and confident

[3] =compliment them even in passing, make sure its genuine and brief

[4] =find someone with similar morals, love conquers all but you need to believe in the same principles generally to make it work the best

[5] =be clever and be fresh, girls know the chat up lines and TSRians know the usual advice posts, do something original!

edit: just realised it seems like using my own advice Im hitting on you, thats not the point, no homo mate! [1] [2]

ReputationRep:
    Habibi how much betrol do you have?

Womenz like ze oil fields habibi. Ze more oil you have ze more women gush for you.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you want this advice? We're all man-eaters ya know especially with fresh meat!

Seriously, are you looking for flirting tips or just conversation advice? In either case, I don't know how private schools work but could you not get a part time job at a large department store or someplace where you would have a lot of interaction with women of all ages (definitely builds up confidence).

8/10 eh? At the very least, you seem to have a healthy dose of your own self-image to keep you going.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. I went to an all girls school. However life changes after you leave school and you will find new confidence as you gain more independance by having your own place, getting your own pay cheques. I had a similar thought, especially as my hobbie outside of school were rhythmic gymnatics, dance, trampolining, etc, so either girls only or basically all girls.
    However I am now 26 and I happily live with my long term boyfriend.

At the same time if you are worried please PM me I would be very happy to help you in any way I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Iguana)

i have to admit i used to have a similar problem until i was about 16 then i started to drink and i found it was both pain relief and gave me confidence even though i was shorter(still am) than you and a lot less in looks but i have worked towards setting up my business in the past few years so i am single and keep away from distractions to my work ethos until my store is managed mainly by someone else and i can focus on my life rather than my work

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.