Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen a girl for this many dates as it's been mostly casual relationships based on sex, but I really like this girl and she likes me too (I'm sure).

So I'm looking for some non-boring ideas for a fifth date, preferably something we can do whilst having a couple of drinks.

I did think about asking her if there is something she would like to suggest since the past three dates (we've had three "official" dates and two nights where we were going out with our friends and decided to meet up at the club) but one of my friends told me this was a bad idea because women want the man to be in control and decisive?

(Original post by VladThe1mpaler)
    I've never seen a girl for this many dates as it's been mostly casual relationships based on sex, but I really like this girl and she likes me too (I'm sure).

So I'm looking for some non-boring ideas for a fifth date, preferably something we can do whilst having a couple of drinks.

I did think about asking her if there is something she would like to suggest since the past three dates (we've had three "official" dates and two nights where we were going out with our friends and decided to meet up at the club) but one of my friends told me this was a bad idea because women want the man to be in control and decisive?
    Cinema, Nexflix and chill, romantic dinner that you can share?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Cinema, Nexflix and chill, romantic dinner that you can share?

hmm well i thought cinema would be considered a bit boring no? I usually avoid it since you can't chat with them but i suppose we know each other quite well now

we had the dinner date which also included a film at mine so really the "netflix and chill" has been done also. She did jokingly mention chilling to some music by a band I hate so I could suggest that maybe. I just don't want her to think I just want to come round and listen to music and then have sex. I don't really know if we are at that point where we can just spend time with each other without it being an actual "date" yet.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are at the transition where dating turns in to just going out together. Then all you have to do are the things you both want to plus get to know each others friends and family etc. No harm in fitting in a colossal amount of sex too however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    I think you are at the transition where dating turns in to just going out together. Then all you have to do are the things you both want to plus get to know each others friends and family etc. No harm in fitting in a colossal amount of sex too however.
    I see, so what would you suggest i ask her? Having little experience in serious dating I'm just kind of confused as to what we should do next. I do think you're right about being at the "transition" because there are things I feel are too much of a "date" to suggest if you know what I mean?

You always give good advice on here so I would be interested to know what you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VladThe1mpaler;[url="tel:63753331")
    63753331[/url]]I see, so what would you suggest i ask her? Having little experience in serious dating I'm just kind of confused as to what we should do next. I do think you're right about being at the "transition" because there are things I feel are too much of a "date" to suggest if you know what I mean?

You always give good advice on here so I would be interested to know what you think.
    Go shopping, have more casual meals out together, go to the pub, take someone's dog for a walk in the park, visit her Granny. Normal stuff but surprisingly rewarding with a new partner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Go shopping, have more casual meals out together, go to the pub, take someone's dog for a walk in the park, visit her Granny. Normal stuff but surprisingly rewarding with a new partner.
    Thanks man! I guess I'm overthinking things a bit and I should just go with the flow

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.