The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Cellardore
Also they say it's best not to eat after 6:00pm.

Why not? :confused:
Cate
Why not? :confused:

Firstly, i think it's because you won't burn it off, so it will stay on your body. Also if you drink caffeine after 6:00pm then it can be quite diificukt to sleep, especially all those trips to the toilette:rolleyes:
Reply 22
Cellardore
Firstly, i think it's because you won't burn it off, so it will stay on your body. Also if you drink caffeine after 6:00pm then it can be quite diificukt to sleep, especially all those trips to the toilette:rolleyes:

What about if the only time you eat at all is often only after 6.00? Will you still not burn it off?
:confused:
Cate
What about if the only time you eat at all is often only after 6.00? Will you still not burn it off?

what? The only time that you had eaten the whole day! That's not very good, you'll never lose weight doing it like that!
Reply 24
Cellardore
what? The only time that you had eaten the whole day! That's not very good, you'll never lose weight doing it like that!

Lol, I'm not trying to lose weight. :redface:
Reply 25
Well I am 16 and have been trying to lose weight for years.... I managed it two years ago but have put it back on sort of - but then I have got taller as well. I started a diet before my exam and then stopped during exams and carried oin afterwards. So far I have lost 12lbs. For breakfast I eat shredded wheat and with no sugar :-\ - it does taste YUK but it is good for you. If you need it sweeter, you could try a sweetener or something, e.g. canderel. Bannanas and stuff are also very good. Don't snack in between breakfats and lunch, and if you must eat something have an apple or something (as somebody mentioned - eat alot of fruit). Drink water during the day also, and if you are "bored" and need to have something - chew some chewing gum lol. For dinner, salad is a MUST. It fills you up, is not fatty and is very nutricious. Jacket potatoes and things are good (without loads of cheese - heehee), and fish etc.

Above all I would say you MUST treat yourself to a chocolate bar every 3 days or so. Have about 30 mins exercise a day - I just go for a walk. Don't over do it - and make sure you are loseing weight because YOU want too, and not because you have pressure from other people. Have little goals, like to lose a few points here and there and don't be too hard on yourself if you have a slightly "naughty" day - just learn from your mistakes and move on.

Good luck,
Ben :smile:
I managed to lose 3 stone, mainly due to the Malham Geography trip:redface: But apart from that i think i just stopped eating crap (sweets, crisps etc)

If you stick to what i said in the post earlier there is no reason why you wouldn't lose any weight.

I would also suggest eating less carbohydrates at night....
Reply 27
find out your calories needed to maintain the same weight, and then take a deficit of them (about 500) then split your calories 50% carbs / 30% protien / 20% fats...or so.

lots of water and split all your meals into 5-6 meals per day.
Reply 28
rubyslippers
whats the best thing to eat for breakfast?

Go do a search on 'diet' 'weight loss' 'exercise'

We go through this topic many times every week.
But all this depends on if you're trying to lose weight the healthy way.

Do it all in moderation and with a rational mind. If your tummy is growling and you just NEED to eat..... DO IT.

Oh, and drink lots and lots of water. It fills you up, keeps your pee clean and it's good for you anyway.
Reply 30
Cate

Your metabolism is fastest when you wake up, so basically, you should eat more when you make up(morning) than the afternoon/evening. Infact, try not eating any carbs/fat after 6pm, as it takes 6 hours for them to be of any use to you, by which time youll be sleeping, and theyll just be stored as fat.
Reply 31
imasillynarb
Your metabolism is fastest when you wake up, so basically, you should eat more when you make up(morning) than the afternoon/evening. Infact, try not eating any carbs/fat after 6pm, as it takes 6 hours for them to be of any use to you, by which time youll be sleeping, and theyll just be stored as fat.

Any you complain about people asking you these things lol, you seem to know an awful lot.
Anyway, ok, but if you eat in the evening, then don't eat in the morning, will the fat get used or not? :confused:
Reply 32
lilsunflower
A serious suggestion:

Weetabix and Brocolli.

My dad eats that everyday and he lost 6 kgs in a month which is quite fantastic. The Brocolli is real good coz' it has no fat, no sugar...... and it makes you poo.

what a perverse combination
Reply 33
if ur lazy and very overweight u can just get diet pills

ull lose 5-10kg a month and can carry on without changing ur lifestyle

basicly it inhibits fat digestion

i think its fairly ££ tho

ask ur dr dnt get the shit they sell on ebay that claim 2 do it!

ull shit more tho :eek:
Reply 34
goliath
if ur lazy and very overweight u can just get diet pills

ull lose 5-10kg a month and can carry on without changing ur lifestyle

basicly it inhibits fat digestion

i think its fairly ££ tho

ask ur dr dnt get the shit they sell on ebay that claim 2 do it!

ull shit more tho :eek:

What happens as soon as you stop taking diet pills?
Reply 35
Cate
Any you complain about people asking you these things lol, you seem to know an awful lot.
Anyway, ok, but if you eat in the evening, then don't eat in the morning, will the fat get used or not? :confused:

It entirely depends on the person and what you eat etc. if youre gonna try anything like that then eat in the morning and not in the evening, much better..
Out of interest, does hypnotism work when tring to lose weight?
Reply 37
imasillynarb
It entirely depends on the person and what you eat etc. if youre gonna try anything like that then eat in the morning and not in the evening, much better..

Hmm... well, thanks for the advice. I'm not trying to eat like that though lol, I just can't help it :rolleyes: :frown:
Reply 38
Fluffstar
Its also great after a night out - the oats soak up all the junk you put in your stomach (if you can keep it down there!)

If you really want to loose weight, don't drink alchol it contains a shite load of fat. Exercise (basic = 50 sit-ups, 10 press ups, 10 mins of star jumps - TRYING to jump past the height of your knee) before breakfast then you burn off stored fat aposed to the food you have just eatten. Then for breakfast eat fibre based cereal, so shreddies, shredded wheat, eat with semi-skimmed milk, and have a piece of fruit. Don't eat to many bananas a day, just the one will be enough. Make sure you get the meat into, but grill it, no fry. Soon you'll see the pounds/stone drop off!

Some poor spelling in there I know... :biggrin:
It entirely depends on your goals... the atkins diet will make you drop weight at a serious rate. The implications for your health however are unfavourable, firstly studies show it raises your colesterol, who'da thought fatty steaks every nite could do that, huh. :rolleyes:

Also the implications for any weight training program are dire, if you are an althlete avoid at any cost, the lack of carbs causes your body to break down your muscles, as well as fat, and anything else it can find.

By far the best way to lose weight safely is through a training and diet programme. HIIT training, combined with a low calorie diet, and low fat. It wont have the immediate results of the atkins diet, but you will feel alot better, and most importantly you could probably sustain this diet for a longer period of time.

However, your question was, what you should eat at breakfast. The answer to this depends on your goals, but if you are training, like you should be, the answer is egg whites and oats. The protein in the egg will give you better gains in your muscle building, but this depends on the training you should be doing. The oats have fibre, which will help your 'movements', which is crucial for weight loss, and they also have simple carbohydrates which move through your body quicker, fibreous carbs such as oats have a favourable effect on your insulin levels... far more comlicated then im goin to get into, just eat it.

Your calories for a woman is typically 2000... 2500 for a man, drop this slowly, so ur metabloism doesn't go nuts, no more then 250 a day.

Do some of your own research... www.abcbodybuilding.com is the nets best resource.

If you are not prepared to learn, adapt, and sacrafice, then you will never achieve the body you want... I hope you like being fat.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending