Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    It entirely depends on your goals... the atkins diet will make you drop weight at a serious rate. The implications for your health however are unfavourable, firstly studies show it raises your colesterol, who'da thought fatty steaks every nite could do that, huh. :rolleyes:

Also the implications for any weight training program are dire, if you are an althlete avoid at any cost, the lack of carbs causes your body to break down your muscles, as well as fat, and anything else it can find.

By far the best way to lose weight safely is through a training and diet programme. HIIT training, combined with a low calorie diet, and low fat. It wont have the immediate results of the atkins diet, but you will feel alot better, and most importantly you could probably sustain this diet for a longer period of time.

However, your question was, what you should eat at breakfast. The answer to this depends on your goals, but if you are training, like you should be, the answer is egg whites and oats. The protein in the egg will give you better gains in your muscle building, but this depends on the training you should be doing. The oats have fibre, which will help your 'movements', which is crucial for weight loss, and they also have simple carbohydrates which move through your body quicker, fibreous carbs such as oats have a favourable effect on your insulin levels... far more comlicated then im goin to get into, just eat it.

Your calories for a woman is typically 2000... 2500 for a man, drop this slowly, so ur metabloism doesn't go nuts, no more then 250 a day.

Do some of your own research... www.abcbodybuilding.com is the nets best resource.

If you are not prepared to learn, adapt, and sacrafice, then you will never achieve the body you want... I hope you like being fat.

Good luck!
    lol, you say that oats have simple carbs and this has a favourable effect on insulin levels? Simple carbs cause insulin spikes which promotes fat storage and stops burning fat. Youll also feel even hungrier after an insulin spike.

ReputationRep:
    It entirely depends on your goals... the atkins diet will make you drop weight at a serious rate. The implications for your health however are unfavourable, firstly studies show it raises your colesterol, who'da thought fatty steaks every nite could do that, huh. :rolleyes:

Also the implications for any weight training program are dire, if you are an althlete avoid at any cost, the lack of carbs causes your body to break down your muscles, as well as fat, and anything else it can find.

By far the best way to lose weight safely is through a training and diet programme. HIIT training, combined with a low calorie diet, and low fat. It wont have the immediate results of the atkins diet, but you will feel alot better, and most importantly you could probably sustain this diet for a longer period of time.

However, your question was, what you should eat at breakfast. The answer to this depends on your goals, but if you are training, like you should be, the answer is egg whites and oats. The protein in the egg will give you better gains in your muscle building, but this depends on the training you should be doing. The oats have fibre, which will help your 'movements', which is crucial for weight loss, and they also have simple carbohydrates which move through your body quicker, fibreous carbs such as oats have a favourable effect on your insulin levels... far more comlicated then im goin to get into, just eat it.

Your calories for a woman is typically 2000... 2500 for a man, drop this slowly, so ur metabloism doesn't go nuts, no more then 250 a day.

Do some of your own research... www.abcbodybuilding.com is the nets best resource.

If you are not prepared to learn, adapt, and sacrafice, then you will never achieve the body you want... I hope you like being fat.

Good luck!
    Also the lack of carbs doesnt eat muscle, lack of protein does, and as far as Im aware atkins is high protein and high fat? Therefore your chances of losing muscle arent particularly high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Col-C)
    My tip - watch your drinks!

You can save nearly 200 calories a pint by switching to diet coke instead of regular. Fresh orange juice is nice, but remember, it's also full of calories!

And the biggest killer of all.....alcohol!! This is where I fall down......but drinking vodka and diet coke has far less calories than a pint
    a pint? A can(330ml) of regular coke is 250 calories whilst a can(330ml) of diet coke is 0.8 calories. I think thats slightly more than 200 calories per pint dont you? Please sort your info out before you randomly come and spurt **** out.

ReputationRep:
    the bodies prefered form of energy after creatine is carbs... a lack of carbs will cause the body to start breaking down muscle and fat... thats why results are so drastic etc.

the desirable effect is only desirable if you are on a resistence training programme... if i tell you why i will be explaining for more time then i am prepared to do... go to that website and click on the nutriion tab... find the carbs section, read it - if you want to learn i am happy to be of service.

if you want an argument, you are messin wiv the wrong man

ReputationRep:
    the bodies prefered form of energy after creatine is carbs... a lack of carbs will cause the body to start breaking down muscle and fat... thats why results are so drastic etc.

the desirable effect is only desirable if you are on a resistence training programme... if i tell you why i will be explaining for more time then i am prepared to do... go to that website and click on the nutriion tab... find the carbs section, read it - if you want to learn i am happy to be of service.

if you want an argument, you are messin wiv the wrong man
    Yes, I clearly am messing with the wrong man, as you dont have a ****ing clue.

ReputationRep:
    look darlin... i dont have a ****ing clue? would you mind refering to which piec of information you are refering to?

ReputationRep:
    look darlin... i dont have a ****ing clue? would you mind refering to which piec of information you are refering to?
    Your whole post is incorrect, inaccurate, and basically full of ****.

ReputationRep:
    Q: What is Creatine?

A: First, let me emphasize that our bodies already produce creatine naturally. Did you ever watch the transformers when you were a kid? Well if not, there were groups of robots called " combiners. " They would join together and form an even larger and more massive robot, crushing everything in their paths! Our liver does the same thing with the three amino acids, Arginine, Glycine and Methionine. It combines them to form creatine, much like the constructicons combined to form devistator! Ok so that was a lame example, but it explains the process quite nicely.

That being said, it is also important to understand that over 95 percent of this substance is found in our muscles. With the remainder being stored in our brain, heart and other parts of our bodies.

Courtosy of 'ABC'

ReputationRep:
    i'll find you quotes on the rest... i accept your apology in advance

ReputationRep:
    Q: What is Creatine?

A: First, let me emphasize that our bodies already produce creatine naturally. Did you ever watch the transformers when you were a kid? Well if not, there were groups of robots called " combiners. " They would join together and form an even larger and more massive robot, crushing everything in their paths! Our liver does the same thing with the three amino acids, Arginine, Glycine and Methionine. It combines them to form creatine, much like the constructicons combined to form devistator! Ok so that was a lame example, but it explains the process quite nicely.

That being said, it is also important to understand that over 95 percent of this substance is found in our muscles. With the remainder being stored in our brain, heart and other parts of our bodies.

Courtosy of 'ABC'
    Creatine is what you ingest, creatinine is whats found in the muscles. Obviously ABC know what theyre talking about. Oh wait

ReputationRep:
    i'll find you quotes on the rest... i accept your apology in advance
    And your post about saying that low carbs will cause you to lose muscle is basically laughable. Doesnt even warrant a proper response.

ReputationRep:
    creatinine is the waste product of creatine.

ReputationRep:
    obviously u dont know very much about supplements.

ABC don't know what they are talking about?

ABC are the premier body-building website, basing there beliefs on fact rather then oppinion, they are host to some of the best ameteur and pros in the world. - but i suppose a man who dosnt even bench knows better then them, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    obviously u dont know very much about supplements.

ABC don't know what they are talking about?

ABC are the premier body-building website, basing there beliefs on fact rather then oppinion, they are host to some of the best ameteur and pros in the world. - but i suppose a man who dosnt even bench knows better then them, obviously.
    I know next to nothing about supplements, as I dont use them, and the fact that you take what ABC as gospel and think theyre gods gift to bodybuilding really is a laugh. Your comment about how low carbs will cause muscle loss is just a total joke really. And whats the fact that I dont bench(when I actually do) got to do with anything? You really are a retard.

ReputationRep:
    i read, if u do two minutes intense cardiovascular excericise and one minute slowly to catch breath; keep on repeating the cycle up-to thirty five minutes and u will lose burn fat (at a "greater" rate).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f_malik)
    i read, if u do two minutes intense cardiovascular excericise and one minute slowly to catch breath; keep on repeating the cycle up-to thirty five minutes and u will lose burn fat (at a "greater" rate).
    No, its more like 30 seconds intense 2 minutes less intense. ie, sprint for 30 jog for 2 mins. Id like to see you sprint for 2 minutes

ReputationRep:
    i dont know why i bother talkin to this guy.

i cant believe im arguing about advanced bodybuilding with a man who doesn't bench, and doesn't know creatine is a naturally occuring substance.

He has become reknowned as the authority on these matters on this site... perhaps this has gone to his head.

But taking advice from a man who refuses to listen and learn is asking for trouble... just because he uses words you dont know what means doesn't make him smarter then you, do your own research - and if u want my advice, dont ask for advice on this site... go to a gym and ask a personal trainer... i wont be commenting on these issues on a site that refuses to accept fact over oppinion.

ReputationRep:
    go to the british heart foundation web page, they will send you a booklet (A4 and quite thick) which not only tells you how to lose weight but what you should be eating to stay healthy.

Even I can lose weight on this, although very very slowly (the meds i take promote weight gain and have to be taken with food added to that at the moment I can't do any exercise, and i mean no exercise I struggle to walk round a supermarket,with walking stick, and need someone else to push the trolley)

don't go for a quick weight loss, if you do you might as well have a limb amputated - instant weight loss.

Listen to your body - I'm sensitive (if that's the word) to drops in blood sugar, I find i function better if i eat protein in the morning, if i have mainly carbs then i'm hungry soon after and i feel grumpy. Every one is different so work out what suits you.

Exercise is the best way to lose weight because it increases your general fitness as well.

btw good luck

ReputationRep:
    it seems to me all you do all day is tell other people they are wrong.

shut up and get a life... narb.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know why i bother talkin to this guy.

i cant believe im arguing about advanced bodybuilding with a man who doesn't bench, and doesn't know creatine is a naturally occuring substance.

He has become reknowned as the authority on these matters on this site... perhaps this has gone to his head.

But taking advice from a man who refuses to listen and learn is asking for trouble... just because he uses words you dont know what means doesn't make him smarter then you, do your own research - and if u want my advice, dont ask for advice on this site... go to a gym and ask a personal trainer... i wont be commenting on these issues on a site that refuses to accept fact over oppinion.
    Bloody hell youre actually starting to piss me off now. Do you not listen at all? I cant believe somebody who said that going on a low carb diet will cause you to lose muscle would still even consider showing his face here ever again.

And Ill say again, I do bench, and I do know that creatine is a naturally occuring substance. Do you wanna keep making up **** all night?

Perhaps the fact that you reel off absolute **** from some website has gone to your head? Try talking about real things, and about real results, rather than just what youre told to believe.

And I totally agree with you about not asking for advice on this site, as that way people wont have clueless ********s like yourself trying to give them advice.

Anything else youd like to add?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.