Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

any weight loss suggestions? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    it seems to me all you do all day is tell other people they are wrong.

shut up and get a life... narb.
    No, thats just you, as you are wrong.

ReputationRep:
    i find that chewing gum makes me feel hungrier quicker...something about your stomach thinking that you're chewing food, so it churns.

also apples make me hungrier....but that might just be me!

ReputationRep:
    I frink sun tea all day, and generally eat salad " with no dressing!!" that keeps me full all day, and i dont think ill be missing any nutirents either, and ofcourse 3 cans of tuna a day " in water soln." for the protein~

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    I frink sun tea all day, and generally eat salad " with no dressing!!" that keeps me full all day, and i dont think ill be missing any nutirents either, and ofcourse 3 cans of tuna a day " in water soln." for the protein~

Good luck!
    3 cans of tuna a day? Thats quite a hefty amount, I hope youve heard of cumulative mercury poisoning? If not its something you might want to look into..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly Sally)
    Out of interest, does hypnotism work when tring to lose weight?
    "When you wake up you will believe you only weigh 6 stone and you look like a stick man"

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    i find that chewing gum makes me feel hungrier quicker...something about your stomach thinking that you're chewing food, so it churns.

also apples make me hungrier....but that might just be me!
    it's also bad for your teeth - The enzymes your mouth produces when you chew apparently starts to ccorrode your teeth eventually (even though enamel is very unreactive it does happen).

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    3 cans of tuna a day? Thats quite a hefty amount, I hope youve heard of cumulative mercury poisoning? If not its something you might want to look into..
    they are 3 oz. cans!!

Is that from the mercury in the water they live in?

ReputationRep:
    your not worth the effort... at the end of the day my results have been uterly fantastic after finding that site.

finally, it really isn't of my concern, but unless u become 'open system' you will never make it. You mite get to show off to a bunch of kids on a website, but thats as far as your results will go, do some research on the effect of low carbs on bb.com if u like.

and u i and i know u told me the other day u dont bench.

im finished im guna go talk to some intelligent people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    it's also bad for your teeth - The enzymes your mouth produces when you chew apparently starts to ccorrode your teeth eventually (even though enamel is very unreactive it does happen).

MB

WHAT?? :eek: even sugar-free gum? and all this time i've been chewing gum after meals thinking that it removes the plaque build-up on my teeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    they are 3 oz. cans!!

Is that from the mercury in the water they live in?
    3oz cans? How many grams is that?

Well apparantly tuna contains methyl mercury, however the tins of canned tuna you get in britain are releatively low in methly mercury, but 3 cans a day is ALOT. Apparantly you should only eat 2 tuna steaks per week. But these contain significantly more methly mercury than the canned stuff like I said. It takes 60 days for your body to excrete methly mercury, so if you consume enough of it, it builds up and causes nerve damage..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    3oz cans? How many grams is that?

Well apparantly tuna contains methyl mercury, however the tins of canned tuna you get in britain are releatively low in methly mercury, but 3 cans a day is ALOT. Apparantly you should only eat 2 tuna steaks per week. But these contain significantly more methly mercury than the canned stuff like I said. It takes 60 days for your body to excrete methly mercury, so if you consume enough of it, it builds up and causes nerve damage..
    This is a painfull thing to say:

THANK YOU DUDE! i guess

ReputationRep:
    your not worth the effort... at the end of the day my results have been uterly fantastic after finding that site.

finally, it really isn't of my concern, but unless u become 'open system' you will never make it. You mite get to show off to a bunch of kids on a website, but thats as far as your results will go, do some research on the effect of low carbs on bb.com if u like.

and u i and i know u told me the other day u dont bench.

im finished im guna go talk to some intelligent people.
    You seriously are a ****ing idiot. Low carbs high protein diet are pretty much the only diet you can do that stops muscle loss. protein is the key, not carbs. yes you have less energy for your workouts like your *****y ABC site says, but thats got nothing to do with muscle loss.

As far as my results go? Go ahead and show us some pictures of your amazing physique, I can guarantee my results as far as fat loss and muscle gain are a million times better than yours. Im not 'showing off' to anyone, I think youre the only person whos tried to do that?

And what I did say was that, I dont bench often(once a month) because I dont want to/need to/like to but I do it because its a fundamental exercise and needs to be done?

ReputationRep:
    ive seen your pictures... u have nothing on me, trust. ive put on 24 llbs of lbm since krimbo and am 8% b.f on my cut.

lack of energy = bad workout = muscle loss...

so are you suggesting the atkins diet to athletes... why doesn't Lee Priest, or Ronnie Coleman do it... muscle loss due to the body breaking down muscle for energy...

and i have only ever tried to help people. thats why i encourage people to do their own research, and not listen to unqualified p.t wanna b gimps on websites.

ReputationRep:
    if you want a debate... i will debate... if you want an argument i suggest you grow up... you are only insulting me because im not goin to thump through ur computer screen... i'd like to see how hard and brave you are if i was standing next to you.

ReputationRep:
    ive seen your pictures... u have nothing on me, trust. ive put on 24 llbs of lbm since krimbo and am 8% b.f on my cut.

lack of energy = bad workout = muscle loss...

so are you suggesting the atkins diet to athletes... why doesn't Lee Priest, or Ronnie Coleman do it... muscle loss due to the body breaking down muscle for energy...

and i have only ever tried to help people. thats why i encourage people to do their own research, and not listen to unqualified p.t wanna b gimps on websites.
    A bad workout doesnt mean muscle loss, it means less muscle gain.

Im not suggesting that people go on the atkins diet.

Youve seen my picture, wow.

ReputationRep:
    if you want a debate... i will debate... if you want an argument i suggest you grow up... you are only insulting me because im not goin to thump through ur computer screen... i'd like to see how hard and brave you are if i was standing next to you.
    Im not hard or brave, and internet threats like that are just plain pathteic.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read all so sorry if I'm repeating!!

Breakfeast: Have a half prtion of cereal with skimmed or semi milk and toast, tthen have a cup of tea with no sugar

Mid morning: A glass of water and an apple

Lunch: A sandwhich and more water and a yoghurt (fruit)

Mid-afternoon: Water and banana

Tea: Water and try to cut down on ready made meals, buy things like free-range chicken veggie then have vegatables and potatoes (or what ever your mum makes)

Before bed: A cup of hot chocolate

K next, if young try to get a job like a once aweek paper round and take up a gentle sport like Ice skating, also try to do at least 10 minuters walking a day. If hungry what t.v. If you need to concentrate in the afternoon have a tuna sandwhich as this improves concentration.

Limit sweets to once a week and only drink diets of everything, okay thats just about it, this all should help!!

ReputationRep:
    im not threatening you, im addressing the issue that u seem to need to insult every post.

i am simply saying, would u insult me if i was standing next to you?... probably not.

less muscle gain... no its aptrophy (muscle loss), caused by missing a workout, or not eating properly.

you started the comparison... i mentioned ur photo only because you got the idea in your head that ur results were better then mine.

i asked you 'why' you thought these people wouldnt use the atkins diet despite the documented dractic loss in weight... since you obviously refuse to accept that a lack of carbs can cause it.

ReputationRep:
    im not threatening you, im addressing the issue that u seem to need to insult every post.

i am simply saying, would u insult me if i was standing next to you?... probably not.

less muscle gain... no its aptrophy (muscle loss), caused by missing a workout, or not eating properly.

you started the comparison... i mentioned ur photo only because you got the idea in your head that ur results were better then mine.

i asked you 'why' you thought these people wouldnt use the atkins diet despite the documented dractic loss in weight... since you obviously refuse to accept that a lack of carbs can cause it.
    If I was standing next to you youd actually listen to me, rather than just repeating what youve said over and over again

It takes ages for aptrophy to occur, If I miss a workout I tend to actually be stronger next session.

My results are better than yours. You havent lost 5 and a half stone of fat and put on 15-20lbs of muscle, I have.

Im confused by your last comment..

ReputationRep:
    your results are better then mine because your a newb, a very stubborn newb. i have been training for years, these results arent newby gains.

your stronger next session because ur muscle has rested. aptrophy can occur as soon as your muscles have repaired, a rise in strengh is not the same as a rise in muscle mass, aptrophy effects muscle mass primarily.

okay, if the documented results of the atkins diet is a huge amount of weight loss, much more drastic then that of a calorie controlled diet like the current pros use. i am asking you what is the reason why these pros dont adopt the atkins diet if the effects are so effective, and in your opinion do not effect muscle loss at all?

i would appreciate an example of when i have repeated anything i have said that u have given a satisfactory answer to.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.