Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Your metabolism is fastest when you wake up, so basically, you should eat more when you make up(morning) than the afternoon/evening. Infact, try not eating any carbs/fat after 6pm, as it takes 6 hours for them to be of any use to you, by which time youll be sleeping, and theyll just be stored as fat.
    lol, you explained that waaaaaay better than me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    your results are better then mine because your a newb, a very stubborn newb. i have been training for years, these results arent newby gains.

your stronger next session because ur muscle has rested. aptrophy can occur as soon as your muscles have repaired, a rise in strengh is not the same as a rise in muscle mass, aptrophy effects muscle mass primarily.

okay, if the documented results of the atkins diet is a huge amount of weight loss, much more drastic then that of a calorie controlled diet like the current pros use. i am asking you what is the reason why these pros dont adopt the atkins diet if the effects are so effective, and in your opinion do not effect muscle loss at all?

i would appreciate an example of when i have repeated anything i have said that u have given a satisfactory answer to.
    Agreed, I am a newb, and if youre a seasoned vet like you say you are, 24lbs since christmas is next to impossible.

If I lose muscle mass how can I be stronger?

Atkins diet is 0 carbs, which causes muscle loss. Theres a difference between low carbs and 0 carbs, and a very big one at that...

ReputationRep:
    24llbs is possible in six months... expecially when you consider that i was using a closed system before... the adpatations made to my routine and diet following the guidance of this site has been astounding, previously i would have said this too, but, with the proper advice it is possible, my results are slowing, i guarantee i will not get these results in the next six months.

muscles mass is not linked to strengh... ronnie coleman would be the strongest man in the world rite now if this was true, strengh is different to mass.

finally... so what is the effect of not having 'any' carbohydrates in your diet, apart from a lack in energy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    lol, you explained that waaaaaay better than me
    You get 10/10 for effort though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    You get 10/10 for effort though
    hehe yay!

ReputationRep:
    24llbs is possible in six months... expecially when you consider that i was using a closed system before... the adpatations made to my routine and diet following the guidance of this site has been astounding, previously i would have said this too, but, with the proper advice it is possible, my results are slowing, i guarantee i will not get these results in the next six months.

muscles mass is not linked to strengh... ronnie coleman would be the strongest man in the world rite now if this was true, strengh is different to mass.

finally... so what is the effect of not having 'any' carbohydrates in your diet, apart from a lack in energy?
    What you say about muscle mass and strength is very true, what Im trying to say is, I make bigger strength gains after taking a break, if Im losing quite alot of muscle mass from aptrohpy then surely this wouldnt be possible?

With 0 carbs your body goes into something called 'ketosis' is it? Or 'ketogenesis' or something, doesnt happen with low carbs

24lbs is still to high in my books. Steroid taking pros whove been training for years look for 6lbs of muscle mass in a year...

ReputationRep:
    yeah because they have been training for years... im not talking 30 months like me i mean 15-20 years... 6lbs of lbm would be a god send.

and in conclusion what are effects of 'ketosis'?

your strengh gains after a break are due to your over training, slightly.

tom platz addresses this in his book which he wrote directly after the mr universe title.

Tom when he was at high school tried for months to break his 230llbs barrier in the bench, he was then forced to take a break for his exams.

Upon returning he crushed this barrier and continued on to break 250 in the next few months.

Tom concluded that he was over training... his mind was set breaking this barrier he didnt notice the signs... missing a workout helped him break it.

Tom's motto and advice for young potential bb's from then on was 'stop and smell the roses, when walking through a park' - ameature philsophy from a bb, now u dont get that everyday!

ReputationRep:
    yeah because they have been training for years... im not talking 30 months like me i mean 15-20 years... 6lbs of lbm would be a god send.

and in conclusion what are effects of 'ketosis'?

your strengh gains after a break are due to your over training, slightly.

tom platz addresses this in his book which he wrote directly after the mr universe title.

Tom when he was at high school tried for months to break his 230llbs barrier in the bench, he was then forced to take a break for his exams.

Upon returning he crushed this barrier and continued on to break 250 in the next few months.

Tom concluded that he was over training... his mind was set breaking this barrier he didnt notice the signs... missing a workout helped him break it.

Tom's motto and advice for young potential bb's from then on was 'stop and smell the roses, when walking through a park' - ameature philsophy from a bb, now u dont get that everyday!
    Yeh I know its from slight overtraining, but surely if I lose muscle mass as soon as I miss a workout I wont make an increase in my lifts?

ReputationRep:
    not a huge loss at all... aptrophy occurs but not to any huge extent... the benfits of the hypertrophy caused by your next workout will more then cancel out the effects caused by aptrophy previously.

Eating a diet without carbs is impossible, there are carbs in many of the foods on atkins, but in very low amounts, as a result, the ketosis condition can occur despite there being some carbs present.

i cant remember what the condition is called either... its sounds very familiar to that though.

i apologize if i was not clear about this point... but the point stands that the Atkins diet causes a condition in which muscle is used as fuel.

ReputationRep:
    not a huge loss at all... aptrophy occurs but not to any huge extent... the benfits of the hypertrophy caused by your next workout will more then cancel out the effects caused by aptrophy previously.

Eating a diet without carbs is impossible, there are carbs in many of the foods on atkins, but in very low amounts, as a result, the ketosis condition can occur despite there being some carbs present.

i cant remember what the condition is called either... its sounds very familiar to that though.

i apologize if i was not clear about this point... but the point stands that the Atkins diet causes a condition in which muscle is used as fuel.
    Of course, I wasnt recommending atkins or saying that it wouldnt cause muscle loss, just that low carbs(not stupidly low as in atkins) dont cause muscle loss..

ReputationRep:
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    What happens as soon as you stop taking diet pills?
    well unless u like the idea of always taking a dump the idea is u eat less so need 2 **** less

if u stop taking them the weight will go back on

remember drugs have side effects so dont unless ur morbidly obese

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.