Hey!
I think this is great as I want many A*s aswell
I've already got an
A*-RE
A-Biology(one mark of an A*)
A*-Chemistry
I would be happy to help and give tips vice versa 😊
hi
my exam is on Tuesday and i have revised everything.except genetic modification.Am in year 10 and this year we r only doing three exams of b1,c1, and p1,my exam board is AQA and biology exam is on tuesday,so can you plz tell me how you tackled the exam questions including graph and suggest questions and did you revise everything as well..and what did you do for chemistry exam as you got an A*?
DamnDaniel2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abbigm1)
I am also predicted an A* but I usually get in the 40's, do you simply use a revision guide and test yourself with revision questions?I feel like it is not enough for me as the exam questions are never that straight forward
I use the revision guide but I don't use the questions. They're way to easy compared to the questions that actually come up.

The thing is normally people say past papers help a lot (they do help a lot which is why I get mostly full marks in exams) however, for my mocks I did not touch a single past paper but only revised the content and still came out with mid 50s out of 60.
I think if you know the content and understand it and can apply it to different questions then u are set for an A*. Lots of people end up just memorising and not actually understanding the content. So my advice is definitely understand everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
nisha.sri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you guys ready for the B1,C1 and P1
Also how are you revising ?
abbigm1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DamnDaniel2)
I use the revision guide but I don't use the questions. They're way to easy compared to the questions that actually come up.

The thing is normally people say past papers help a lot (they do help a lot which is why I get mostly full marks in exams) however, for my mocks I did not touch a single past paper but only revised the content and still came out with mid 50s out of 60.
I think if you know the content and understand it and can apply it to different questions then u are set for an A*. Lots of people end up just memorising and not actually understanding the content. So my advice is definitely understand everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thanks for that, good luck in your exams
MIST_123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for GCSE English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Also have AIC and OMAM recourses if anyone is interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (152)
27.29%
No (405)
72.71%

Watched Threads