Hey!
    I think this is great as I want many A*s aswell
    I've already got an
    A*-RE
    A-Biology(one mark of an A*)
    A*-Chemistry
    I would be happy to help and give tips vice versa 😊
    hi
    my exam is on Tuesday and i have revised everything.except genetic modification.Am in year 10 and this year we r only doing three exams of b1,c1, and p1,my exam board is AQA and biology exam is on tuesday,so can you plz tell me how you tackled the exam questions including graph and suggest questions and did you revise everything as well..and what did you do for chemistry exam as you got an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbigm1)
    I am also predicted an A* but I usually get in the 40's, do you simply use a revision guide and test yourself with revision questions?I feel like it is not enough for me as the exam questions are never that straight forward
    I use the revision guide but I don't use the questions. They're way to easy compared to the questions that actually come up.

The thing is normally people say past papers help a lot (they do help a lot which is why I get mostly full marks in exams) however, for my mocks I did not touch a single past paper but only revised the content and still came out with mid 50s out of 60.
    I think if you know the content and understand it and can apply it to different questions then u are set for an A*. Lots of people end up just memorising and not actually understanding the content. So my advice is definitely understand everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Are you guys ready for the B1,C1 and P1
    Also how are you revising ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    I use the revision guide but I don't use the questions. They're way to easy compared to the questions that actually come up.

The thing is normally people say past papers help a lot (they do help a lot which is why I get mostly full marks in exams) however, for my mocks I did not touch a single past paper but only revised the content and still came out with mid 50s out of 60.
    I think if you know the content and understand it and can apply it to different questions then u are set for an A*. Lots of people end up just memorising and not actually understanding the content. So my advice is definitely understand everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay thanks for that, good luck in your exams

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for GCSE English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Also have AIC and OMAM recourses if anyone is interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.