Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I receive a government loan to study a Law conversion course (GDL) ? watch

    • Thread Starter

    I see that the government has introduced student loans for post-graduate study (Yay!). See link below.

    My question is whether this loan can be used to take a law degree? And if so, which degrees? Do they include degrees such as the law conversion course (GDL)? If not, do they cover other post-graduate courses which will eventually allow us to enter the legal profession?

    Many thanks,


    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    The University of Law says to be eligible for a postgraduate loan "students must be attending a Masters course that is at least a year in length. (currently our LPC, BPTC and GDL programs do not meet this criteria as they are classed as professional development programs" - so it seems the answer is no.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2016
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.