Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I've been having a problem with a guy for about half a year. This might be a bit long.

He keeps texting me and I don't understand why he can't see that I want to be left alone? I have ignored every single text, facebook and wattsap message. I thought he was sweet at first and I just wanted to be freinds, though I agreed with him to go and see the cinima together, in which I think he tried to kiss me twice but I pulled him in for a hug instead, I hoped that would make it more clear but then after he would not stop texting and I had to call him up to ask him not to text me as much everyday. Then he started to get clingy and ask if I wanted to go on a trip to london together and if I wanted to go to the harry potter studio with him which costs a lot each. I freaked out as I did not know him that well and his suggesting go on expensive day trips together? So I stopped talking to him and hoped he would stop. He hasn't. And even today asked me if I wanted to meet up with him for easter, despite me being ignoring his text for quite a lot of months now. Why doesn't he get it? I feel like I will need to call up and tell him at some point straight on, despite be telling him I just wanted to be freinds before this all even happened. I also told him I don't want a realtionship while I am at University. Which I still am and in my second year. Its been a while but I have told him this, so why is he still trying?

ReputationRep:
    Put him on screen lists or block lists, and literally ignore him.

ReputationRep:
    You need to be competely straight with him, tell him you are not interested and that his advances are making you uncomfortable, give him the choice between being your friend while maintaining a respectful distance from these advances or cutting all further contact with you. If he still doesn't get the message threaten him with a restraining order if it's really bad

ReputationRep:
    Just block.

ReputationRep:
    yeah tell him to leave you alone. If he doesnt screen shot everything and you can threaten to get a harassment injunction (which if he doesnt take the hint you could actually go through with)

Depends on how mean/annoyed you're feeling tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Guys can get false hopes and take every possible thing as encouragement and ignore the rejections. Probably the only hope is to totally block him and get pretty nasty if he persists. In the long run it's also best for him as it forces him to move on. A boyfriend could help too, although this solution doesn't really fit with your uni dating plans.

ReputationRep:
    you need to be more direct, clearly the man doesn't get it

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want him messaging you then block him on everything and tell him in person that you don't want to talk to him anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to f*ck off

ReputationRep:
    Tell your parents then police.

Telling him you just want to be friends will probably just give him false hope that something might happen further down the line / when you finish uni - I would suggest you just tell him that you are not interested in pursuing a relationship or a friendship with him - if he carries on tell him you will not tell him again - you will report him for harassment to the police - they take harassment really seriously nowadays (as an ex-boyfriend of mine found out some years ago) - they tell them they only get the one warning - no messing.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for all your advice! I think from the advice I should tell him I'm not interested in being friends with him or realtionship with him more bluntly then block him if he persists though this may seem childish but I have never told someone even directly that I don't want to be friends with them any more. So not sure how i'll be doing that...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.