Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, guys i am thinking of applying to Oxford yet i need to know how important are your AS grades in the whole application process as i am predicted 2As and 2Bs for my AS grades. However, the subjects i get 2As in, for A2 i will be predicted A*

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same sort of situation - AABB at AS and now predicted A*A*AA - and I got an offer. I know other people got offers with lower AS grades as well - they are just one part of lots of different bits of the application, so don't let predicted AS grades stop you applying if you want to!

ReputationRep:
    what subject did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Experimental Psychology

ReputationRep:
    Oh i am applying for law, so I'm not sure if my grades would be enough

ReputationRep:
    A good LNAT performance will show that you are more reasonably expected to meet the grade requirements at A2, but as mentioned above try not to overthink predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davinaxo)
    Hi, guys i am thinking of applying to Oxford yet i need to know how important are your AS grades in the whole application process as i am predicted 2As and 2Bs for my AS grades. However, the subjects i get 2As in, for A2 i will be predicted A*
    I got AABC at AS and was predicted A*AA at A2. I received an offer of AAA and finished my A2 year with A*A*A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colourtheory)
    I got AABC at AS and was predicted A*AA at A2. I received an offer of AAA and finished my A2 year with A*A*A.
    What degree are you studying and what college

ReputationRep:
    What degree are you studying and what college
    (Modern) History, Worcester College (the most oversubscribed in the year I applied)

ReputationRep:
    (Modern) History, Worcester College (the most oversubscribed in the year I applied)
    I was thinking Wadham college and is there usually a lot of applicants for modern history

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking Wadham college and is there usually a lot of applicants for modern history
    A thousand-ish applications for 200 spaces.

ReputationRep:
    A thousand-ish applications for 200 spaces.
    Oh wow so it is competitive same as law
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I got AABB and got an interview . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was worried about this last year, so at the open day I basically asked every single tutor I came across just how important AS grades were. They are not factored into any 'calculations' they make, in the way that interviews or GCSEs etc are. All you need is to have the requisite predicted grades and you're all good. Obviously your predicted grades will depend on getting decent AS results though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.