Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not asking for any personal/family related regrets which happened to be during school time, I mean something like 'Not choosing further maths' or 'not revising more on a certain subject'.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt trust anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    I'm not asking for any personal/family related regrets which happened to be during school time, I mean something like 'Not choosing further maths' or 'not revising more on a certain subject'.
    not choosing further maths.....

Picking Art GCSE

Could've spent so much more time on my other subjects if it wasn't for Art.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Being expelled multiple times and consistently failing to engage meaningfully with the education system at all.

ReputationRep:
    Going to school 😂

ReputationRep:
    Everything was a regret.

ReputationRep:
    I should have got involved in the drama club at my school, they put on shows every year but the people in it were the 'popular' kids in my school so I was too intimidated to join, there's a theatre club at my Uni that I'm planning on joining and it's not like a major life regret but I wish I hadn't cared so much about what other people thought tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Choosing more subjects than my school allowed us to. I thought I was going to show myself what I'm capable of, and even though I enjoy all the 11 IGCSEs I take, I have to say that it's quite a bit of revising (and since I don't have coursework, only my exams count towards my grade)...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study a lot more for every subject, really. If you study enough, there's no reason not to get mostly A*s.

And just get involved, make friends, have fun.

ReputationRep:
    I never did any work, but still got C's. I'm not sure I regret it all that much lol

ReputationRep:
    neglected everything in year 10, still need to self teach stuff learnt in year 10

ReputationRep:
    I regret not starting English Literature revision earlier as now I am struggling like hell with it.

I should have been nicer to people...I was really pricky to some boys in year 7/8 which has lead to me having many enemies...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I regret picking Computing when changing from a different subject, I should've chosen IT or another subject as I'm really struggling with the Computing CAs as the research can be a pain at times. Also, I have a pretty bad teacher which doesn't help as I don't know how to lay out my evidence document and it is no surprise when someone who knows what they're doing gets predicted a good grade.

@SeanFM has a really good point.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking that trying out the whole "emo" fad would help obese old me make friends. LOL. Try showing up for Advanced Placement Calculus like that.

ReputationRep:
    Not staying there! :doh:

ReputationRep:
    My Five biggest Regrets:

1) Not taking English Lit A level- yes it would not have been easy as I quite severely dyslexic but would have really enjoyed it and I got full UMS scores on both my exam papers at GCSE.
    2) Not Putting enough effort into AS History Unit 1- in unit 2 I got 92/100 despite finding essay structures a real challenge all year but just a lack of preparation for Unit 1 and I got like a D so I ended up with a B overall and reallistically probably could have got an A.
    3) I did regret not taking Further Maths- however due to really bad mental health difficulties in Year 13 I ended up re-sitting Physics and taking the opportunity to do a 1 year Intensive A level in Further Maths as a first time take.
    4) I might regret (not sure yet as this year is still ongoing) not resting parts of my A level Chemistry while I had the chance- I just feel it will be a shame to have three As at A2 and a B to ruin the string of A's when I got at AS 114/120, 60/60 and 95/120 and flopped at A2 as I said earlier I had quite bad mental health problems.
    5)Not putting more effort into German GCSE as I really did just neglect it because I fell out with the teacher. So I got Straight As at GCSE with the exception of German where I was probably perfectly able to get an A* or at least and A which I missed by 3 UMS.

Other regrets include:
    Staying at my school for sixth form as the rules were really restrictive and controlling and quite frankly I was ready to move from being a kid to being treated as an adult which this had really bad effect on me , taking the EPQ ( I got n A* in the end but I did it year 13 and it exacerbated certain issues so was the bain of my life), not directly school related but quitting competitive swimming rather than just switching to a less competitive club as the effect of exercise on my attention deficits is like miracles and my success at swimming drove my self confidence that quite frankly crashed and it showed in the class room, I could say not putting enough effort into my GCSE's as they were probably measurably lower than they should have been but they were great all the same and I got a life so whilst there is a tiny bit of regret its not so compelling I wish I could change it.

And contary to what this might suggest no my life is not just full of regrets in fact I even though I regret to some extent everything listed I really do not think I would change most of them as they have been part of what has made me me.

ReputationRep:
    Not taking my GCSE's seriously enough.
    Also failing to talk to anyone other than my friends.

ReputationRep:
    choosing RE rather than ICT because the class who didn't pick it have ended up converting to full course anyway, so everyone who did choose it wasted an option

I also regret not listening in physics and chemistry last year because I hated it so bad, it means I had a lot of work to put in this year to catch up

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.