The Student Room Group

Biggest regrets in school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
Picking Art GCSE

Could've spent so much more time on my other subjects if it wasn't for Art.

SAME

AND my teacher still has my final pieces hostage
Reply 21
"This is the number one rule for your set, In order to survive got to learn to live with regrets

On the rise to the top many drop,
don't forget 
In order to survive got to learn to live with regrets"

- Jay Z
My regret was staying at school to do A levels. I should have left after GCSEs and did further education at college. I found being treated more as an adult at college was a far better study atmosphere than being treated as a kid in school.
choosing both french and spanish

Spoiler

Reply 24
Picking Psychology AS... It's been a year of hell!
Not asking for help with classwork
Not being more outspoken, and Art GCSE was a waste of time. The teachers would decide what you were doing for pieces, wouldn't let us study graffiti so ended doing some boring absolute pretentious stuff. Got a D in it and pretty the teacher was a feminazi and a sexist. Still haven't got any of me work back, some of it were alright.
(edited 8 years ago)
I feel like fine art and French GCSES were a risky choice, art is very time consuming and without copious amounts of time spent on sketchbooks it is very hard to get the highest grade. French although I got an A overall in coursework, was unbelievably stressful!! If I could have paid a little more attention in year 9, I'm sure my maths would be a lot better as my basic understanding of algebra was hazy from the beginning.
If I'm being honest, I'd never really taken school life seriously until it was too late :tongue: I was happy with my A-level results, but before that time I was unaware of how differently some people learn a subject more quickly/what are more beneficial methods of learning a certain subject. For example, I was absolutely hopeless at GCSE French, and spent most of my time in class doodling on stupid test papers, and now I'm learning German at a much quicker rate, purely because I know what 'works' for me and what doesn't.
choosing HISTORY BIGGEST REGRET OF MY ENTIRE LIFE
Reply 30
Not asking this girl Julia out.
(She fancied me and I was too shy)
GCSE options were foolish.

not totally wrecking the teachers, especially in things like RE when they tried to push their Christian BS on me
playing dodgeball with the sports teacher they really thought I was good (which i was) but they signed me up to a professional course and I wasn't happy and they thought I was rlly good it took up a lot of my free time
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest