Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Need some advice.

Exams are coming closer and I need to be realistic.

This year I taught myself C3,C4,S2,M2,M3,M4,M5,FP2,FP3. I am confident with all of them. I am also entered for S3,S4 and D2. Is it possible to master S3,S4 and D2 before the exams or should I withdraw my entry?

ReputationRep:
    Zacken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlmostNotable)

This year I taught myself C3,C4,S2,M2,M3,M4,M5,FP2,FP3. I am confident with all of them. I am also entered for S3,S4 and D2. Is it possible to master S3,S4 and D2 before the exams or should I withdraw my entry?
    Isn't there like 2+ more months? S3 won't take more than a week from personal experience, S4 is known to be shorter than S3. D2 is a joke...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Isn't there like 2+ more months? S3 won't take more than a week from personal experience, S4 is known to be shorter than S3. D2 is a joke...
    Positive? I don't want my additional further maths to being my grades down.

ReputationRep:
    Positive? I don't want my additional further maths to being my grades down.
    Entirely, I've done it myself and you seem more capable than I am so I'm sure you'll be even quicker/better.

ReputationRep:
    How fast of a learner are you? S3 took me 2 weeks to learn and S4 is shorter. Can't say much about decision :dontknow:

Edit: do you do any other subjects?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Well, ask yourself, do you really need it?

From experience, self teaching S3/S4 and learning the material shouldn't take too long, but it's practice and mastering it that takes a bit longer.

Plus, sitting that many exams in the summer.. I don't know how many past papers you've done already but you'll probably be doing millions between all of those exams, so do you really need that added pressure/extra workload??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Well, ask yourself, do you really need it?

From experience, self teaching S3/S4 and learning the material shouldn't take too long, but it's practice and mastering it that takes a bit longer.

Plus, sitting that many exams in the summer.. I don't know how many past papers you've done already but you'll probably be doing millions between all of those exams, so do you really need that added pressure/extra workload??
    If I withdraw, I would end up having 2 Alevels and 3 AS.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If I withdraw, I would end up having 2 Alevels and 3 AS.
    I see. That is a bit problematic then. What do you need for this year (if anything?) Are you applying to uni this year/next?

ReputationRep:
    I see. That is a bit problematic then. What do you need for this year (if anything?) Are you applying to uni this year/next?
    My lowest offer is AAA.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    My lowest offer is AAA.
    If so then I'm not sure you really have a choice, given that your offer is based on 3 A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    If so then I'm not sure you really have a choice, given that your offer is based on 3 A-levels.
    Not going to university is an option. Should I do S3,S4,D2 or finish with an AS?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Not going to university is an option. Should I do S3,S4,D2 or finish with an AS?
    If you're confident with all of your other modules then learning/mastering the last 3 modules shouldn't be too difficult, it is going to be very stressful in the summer with all of those exams but.. I dunno, I guess in your situation I would go for it anyway. Not much to lose (unless your unis have an issue with resit/gap year students in some way).

ReputationRep:
    Need some advice.

Exams are coming closer and I need to be realistic.

S3 is actually piss so is S4. This is from someone who got an E in S2 and hates stats. S3 ain't bad at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.