Additional further maths A2 or AS? Watch

AlmostNotable
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Need some advice.

Exams are coming closer and I need to be realistic.

This year I taught myself C3,C4,S2,M2,M3,M4,M5,FP2,FP3. I am confident with all of them. I am also entered for S3,S4 and D2. Is it possible to master S3,S4 and D2 before the exams or should I withdraw my entry?
zetamcfc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Zacken
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AlmostNotable)

This year I taught myself C3,C4,S2,M2,M3,M4,M5,FP2,FP3. I am confident with all of them. I am also entered for S3,S4 and D2. Is it possible to master S3,S4 and D2 before the exams or should I withdraw my entry?
Isn't there like 2+ more months? S3 won't take more than a week from personal experience, S4 is known to be shorter than S3. D2 is a joke...
AlmostNotable
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zacken)
Isn't there like 2+ more months? S3 won't take more than a week from personal experience, S4 is known to be shorter than S3. D2 is a joke...
Positive? I don't want my additional further maths to being my grades down.
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Positive? I don't want my additional further maths to being my grades down.
Entirely, I've done it myself and you seem more capable than I am so I'm sure you'll be even quicker/better.
Ayman!
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How fast of a learner are you? S3 took me 2 weeks to learn and S4 is shorter. Can't say much about decision :dontknow:

Edit: do you do any other subjects?
Kevin De Bruyne
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, ask yourself, do you really need it?

From experience, self teaching S3/S4 and learning the material shouldn't take too long, but it's practice and mastering it that takes a bit longer.

Plus, sitting that many exams in the summer.. I don't know how many past papers you've done already but you'll probably be doing millions between all of those exams, so do you really need that added pressure/extra workload??
AlmostNotable
Rep:
?
(Original post by SeanFM)
Well, ask yourself, do you really need it?

From experience, self teaching S3/S4 and learning the material shouldn't take too long, but it's practice and mastering it that takes a bit longer.

Plus, sitting that many exams in the summer.. I don't know how many past papers you've done already but you'll probably be doing millions between all of those exams, so do you really need that added pressure/extra workload??
If I withdraw, I would end up having 2 Alevels and 3 AS.
Kevin De Bruyne
  • Very Important Poster
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If I withdraw, I would end up having 2 Alevels and 3 AS.
I see. That is a bit problematic then. What do you need for this year (if anything?) Are you applying to uni this year/next?
AlmostNotable
Rep:
?
I see. That is a bit problematic then. What do you need for this year (if anything?) Are you applying to uni this year/next?
My lowest offer is AAA.
Kevin De Bruyne
  • Very Important Poster
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My lowest offer is AAA.
If so then I'm not sure you really have a choice, given that your offer is based on 3 A-levels.
AlmostNotable
Rep:
?
If so then I'm not sure you really have a choice, given that your offer is based on 3 A-levels.
Not going to university is an option. Should I do S3,S4,D2 or finish with an AS?
Kevin De Bruyne
  • Very Important Poster
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not going to university is an option. Should I do S3,S4,D2 or finish with an AS?
If you're confident with all of your other modules then learning/mastering the last 3 modules shouldn't be too difficult, it is going to be very stressful in the summer with all of those exams but.. I dunno, I guess in your situation I would go for it anyway. Not much to lose (unless your unis have an issue with resit/gap year students in some way).
physicsmaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Need some advice.

Exams are coming closer and I need to be realistic.

S3 is actually piss so is S4. This is from someone who got an E in S2 and hates stats. S3 ain't bad at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.87%
No (441)
73.13%

Watched Threads