• Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    M380 - Motion on Inquest into 'Chancellor's Curse', The Hon. mobbsy91 MP
    This House believes that the 'Chancellor's Curse' is indeed a strange phenomenon, and that this issue should be fully investigated.

This House requests that Her Majesty's Government launch a full investigation into why these disappearances occur, with the Prime Minister at the forefront of the investigation. The followings disappearances in particular should be investigated in great detail.

GP/Saoirse
    Jarred
    James Millibanter
    United

This House requests that a hypothesis test is conducted in order to discover whether these disappearances are statistically significant.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Damn censorship, so much better in its full form.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Aye, it were!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing stopping a leak I am sure
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Nothing stopping a leak I am sure
    Just some unparliamentary accusations.

ReputationRep:
    Just some unparliamentary accusations.
    Maybe an anonymous conservative source can brief the media on what was said behind closed doors
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Aye, it were!
    This is one of the few times I've actually laughed in the house so well done.

Although actually you missed macdaddi who went missing and was chancellor back towards the start of XX. the curse has existed for the whole time I've been here which is just over 1 and a half years now.

ReputationRep:
    Aye! We demand to know the truth! :fuhrer:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    This is one of the few times I've actually laughed in the house so well done.

Although actually you missed macdaddi who went missing and was chancellor back towards the start of XX. the curse has existed for the whole time I've been here which is just over 1 and a half years now.
    Success :yy:

Ahhh, I think macdaddi was before my time, and when I asked a couple others we couldn't remember either!

(Original post by Life_peer)
    Aye! We demand to know the truth! :fuhrer:
    Hopefully some answers will come!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Lime-man has apparently managed to submit a bill today despite having disappeared; a remarkable talent.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Let's not forget Faland and MacDaddi!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    If I were you I wouldn't be bringing extra victims to light
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Lime-man has apparently managed to submit a bill today despite having disappeared; a remarkable talent.
    The uncensored version did give an idea about what could have caused this:
    After JamesMillibanter mysteriously disappeared, the Prime Minister and his colleagues realised that it was looking a bit dodgey how all these Chancellors went missing, and so they made a JamesMillibanter double. Someone who worked extremely closely to JM in secret, closely enough that they would know how JM worked, and how he would act! Ergo, we now have Lime-man - not the real JM, but someone impersonating him, all endorsed by our Government.

Alternatively, JM was abducted, but escaped, and is now being paid handsomely to act as if all is normal!

(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I trust that they will be included in any thorough investigation then!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    TBF that bill is basically a resubmission and was likely submitted at least a week ago.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    ahah Aye

ReputationRep:
    Is this a real disappearance or just an unwillingness to appear before the House or on Newsnight to explain decisions? Also known as the Gideon Osbourne chicken syndrome.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Is this a real disappearance or just an unwillingness to appear before the House or on Newsnight to explain decisions? Also known as the Gideon Osbourne chicken syndrome.
    That only lasts 5 days, which is about 12 hours in MHoC time, not weeks or months on end (or months/years in real time)
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    The uncensored version did give an idea about what could have caused this:After JamesMillibanter mysteriously disappeared, the Prime Minister and his colleagues realised that it was looking a bit dodgey how all these Chancellors went missing, and so they made a JamesMillibanter double. Someone who worked extremely closely to JM in secret, closely enough that they would know how JM worked, and how he would act! Ergo, we now have Lime-man - not the real JM, but someone impersonating him, all endorsed by our Government.Alternatively, JM was abducted, but escaped, and is now being paid handsomely to act as if all is normal!I trust that they will be included in any thorough investigation then!
    ....Yep, that's totally what happened. I admit it. We've been found out. He didn't just disappear, either: after that budget leak we realised he just couldn't be trusted any longer, so we bundled him into a car as he exited the Treasury late one night, drugged him, drove off at a high speed, and left him face down in a ditch in a quiet part of rural Surrey.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Or all a big cover up by the Government? We don't know! Perhaps the Government, ashamed of what has happened, decided to hide the Chancellor, and tell the public that the Chancellor has disappeared from shame, hoping to deflect some of the embarrassment off themselves? :dontknow:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    ....Yep, that's totally what happened. I admit it. We've been found out. He didn't just disappear, either: after that budget leak we realised he just couldn't be trusted any longer, so we bundled him into a car as he exited the Treasury late one night, drugged him, drove off at a high speed, and left him face down in a ditch in a quiet part of rural Surrey.
    Well! I dearly thank you for the immediate investigations you seemed to have launched! I trust the Government will be as forthcoming about the other mysterious disappearances as well!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.