Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I dont know what I should revise...I figure I should remember the main language changes in each century, and maybe printing press and stuff....I really dont know what to revise for the language acquisition part..

ReputationRep:
    for the language acquisition section im just going over key theories (innate, cognitive, interaction, imitation), important studies by a few linguists like chomsky and crystal and making sure that i'm OK with recognising stages of development in grammar, spelling and stuff.
    for language change i'm revising key dates, such as the printing press and johnsons dictionary, the main features of language for each century from 1500 to today, and the origins of words and semantic change.
    there isnt really too much to revise, ive found that i just need to make sure that i know all the material really well.

Donna
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    important studies as in, theories of acquisition?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.