Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Its quite simple why I eat meat, its because I am frankly too lazy and lacking in motivation to

a) cook my own meals
    b)commit to anything that requires even the smallest amount of effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfegirl98)
    I like the way you think. That was very well said. It's refreshing to see someone know what they are talking about.
    Thank you, and likewise.

In an ideal world, everyone would live in harmony and there would be no killing of innocent animals but we need to think of the people in developing countries who need to sell meat to survive.
    Very true. Rather than meat being a commodity, it would be for survival, but I'd imagine only for a little while. Remember, Third World countries would hugely benefit if the world went vegan. Thus, we'd be able to distribute the essential foods much easier, levelling the world's economies and providing substantial improvements to people's general health.

From a young age we are taught that meat and dairy are essential things needed in our diet. This is before we even know what our meat and dairy comes from.

For me, I was brought up a pescetarian and didn't start to question what I was eating until I was about 14. I believed that fish, too, were essential foods, but it wasn't until I looked in my garden pond that I finally saw a glimpse of what I was eating. Living beings. They moved, and they were conscious enough to swim past and not collide into each other.

And guess what? 3 hours later I told my mum that I wasn't eating fish for dinner. She replied, "okay", and served it to me for dinner the day after. It wasn't until then she realized I'd made a permanent decision not to eat it. She still doesn't approve of it, but hey-ho!

I completely agree with you. It's amazing to still see meat and dairy being labelled as essentials. Just take a look at any old-aged vegan and you'll see how healthy they are. All the sick people in the hospitals? I'd bet you 99% of them are meat eaters.

I was just wondering, are you vegan or vegetarian?

ReputationRep:
    Probably because the vast majority of people have neither the time nor the money to source Organic Free Range Quinoatm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    Thank you, and likewise.

Very true. Rather than meat being a commodity, it would be for survival, but I'd imagine only for a little while. Remember, Third World countries would hugely benefit if the world went vegan. Thus, we'd be able to distribute the essential foods much easier, levelling the world's economies and providing substantial improvements to people's general health.

For me, I was brought up a pescetarian and didn't start to question what I was eating until I was about 14. I believed that fish, too, were essential foods, but it wasn't until I looked in my garden pond that I finally saw a glimpse of what I was eating. Living beings. They moved, and they were conscious enough to swim past and not collide into each other.

And guess what? 3 hours later I told my mum that I wasn't eating fish for dinner. She replied, "okay", and served it to me for dinner the day after. It wasn't until then she realized I'd made a permanent decision not to eat it. She still doesn't approve of it, but hey-ho!

I completely agree with you. It's amazing to still see meat and dairy being labelled as essentials. Just take a look at any old-aged vegan and you'll see how healthy they are. All the sick people in the hospitals? I'd bet you 99% of them are meat eaters.

I was just wondering, are you vegan or vegetarian?
    I'm vegetarian soon to be vegan when I move out. Mum doesn't approve either but I'm determined to atleast make her go vegetarian soon. I will defenitly sit her down to watch cowspiracy or forks over knives!

ReputationRep:
    I'm vegetarian soon to be vegan when I move out.
    Yeah, same. My mum would faint if I told her...

I will defenitly sit her down to watch cowspiracy or forks over knives!
    I've heard about Cowspiracy. It's meant to be really brutal, and I'd probably become depressed watching it.
    Would probably make me go vegan in an instant, though.

ReputationRep:
    Dem gainz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Have you never had a really juicey greasy burger before with bacon strips on top, cheese, a nice brioche bun, lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo?

Absolutely not, eurgh!

ReputationRep:
    >Living beings. They moved, and they were conscious enough to swim past and not collide into each other.

Robots can do that. Are robots sentient?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Eating meat in 2016 is stupid, and I do not see why people still eat meat
    you should try it dude... help yourself

Name:  cb2.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  124.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 516759
    They literally don't even have a nervous system. Grow up please
    Why do people take things seriously on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    you should try it dude... help yourself

Name:  cb2.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  124.5 KB

Bears have no say in this

ReputationRep:
    I'm vegetarian soon to be vegan when I move out. Mum doesn't approve either but I'm determined to atleast make her go vegetarian soon. I will defenitly sit her down to watch cowspiracy or forks over knives!
    I've seen forks over knives to be honest it's absolutely dramatic

But it didn't help me to go vegan
    Coz I know that we humans know how to conserve biodiversity

Scientist said that plants is the basis of all food chains, I just can't believe how important plant is in the human world,
    Converting energy from light to chemical energy to produce food, and lastly we the heterotrophic organisms have to deal with competition and natural selection,

That's why humans have the advantage over animals, well it's very good that you're doing the right thing, but you can't stop the government about it

Well done for being a vegetarian

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend whose age is 41
    He's a vegan but a lot of my friends said that he looks 18 lol and he's very fit and we do go to the same boxing club

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It tastes good, it's nutritious, and various meats are a key part of a lot of different meals. Simple. I'm not very adventurous with food and would end up with a very restricted diet if I tried to go vegetarian, so including meat in my diet is just easier.

(Original post by Swanbow)
    Because it tastes good and the vast majority don't care about the ethical and health related issues.
    The health issues are with some processed meat products, not all meats.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the overwhelming majority of the public are meat eaters, so it makes perfect sense that the overwhelming majority of hospital patients would be meat eaters.

Correlation does not necessarily mean causation, and vegetarian and vegan diets are not inherently any healthier than diets that include meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RF_PineMarten)
    The health issues are with some processed meat products, not all meats.
    Very true, ever since the effects of saturated fats on cardiovascular health has been disputed.

ReputationRep:
    vegetarian and vegan diets are not inherently any healthier than diets that include meat.
    You're not risking the higher chance of cancers you risk consuming red and processed meats. I'd say that's a lot healthier, wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    You're not risking the higher chance of cancers you risk consuming red and processed meats. I'd say that's a lot healthier, wouldn't you?
    You can easily cut down on that sort of thing while still eating meat. You don't have to go vegetarian in order to do that, but vegetarian diets cut it out automatically, which partly explains some of the statistics used by some vegetarian and vegan activists (e.g. "vegetarians have lower rates of xyz").

And how much higher is this risk? People talk about "increased cancer risk" but how much is it increasing it by? And how much do you need to eat for that?

ReputationRep:
    Because they taste great, one could say that the taste is to die for

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And how much higher is this risk? People talk about "increased cancer risk" but how much is it increasing it by? And how much do you need to eat for that?
    You can use google for that.
    It just annoys me how it's more of a health issue when it really shouldn't be.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.