Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, with GCSEs exams just around the corner (as my teachers love to remind me) I thought I'd start a blog about my journey through revision, exams and starting sixth form.

I'll start off with a little bit about myself:
    My name is Kat, I'm 16 and am currently studying a huge range of subjects at school (and I'm going to list them all so it looks like I've written a lot for this post :laugh: )

GCSE - Mathematics
    GCSE - English Language
    GCSE - English Literature
    GCSE - Biology
    GCSE - Chemistry
    GCSE - Physics
    GCSE - French
    GCSE - Computing
    GCSE - Electronic Products
    BTEC - Engineering (Level 2)
    City and Guilds - Engineering (Level 2) (Already achieved distinction)
    Level 3 Award - Algebra (It's worth 7 UCAS points, okay?)

I'm also working towards my Grade 7 Ballet exam in July so this year is kinda a big year for exams for me

You're probably wondering why this thread is called 'Just Breathe...'? Or not....but I'm going to tell you anyway. Exam season is known for being extremely stressful for students, whether that be at GCSE, Advanced or even Degree level. Sometimes, we forget about our mental well-being and force every last keyword and definition into our brains. For those with a healthy mind at normal times, this can be very straining and for those who struggle with mental illness daily, it can be enough to push them over the edge. The title of this blog is a little reminder that it's okay to take a step back and just breathe. Even if you decide not to read any more posts, I hope that just seeing the title when scrolling through the pages and pages of other great blogs and forums may help you. If it helps just one person, that will be enough

It's currently Easter break so I'm completely absorbed in revision but as it's getting late I've decided to resort to TSR for a couple of hours, somewhere that I know will be my home for the next few months at least. I'm going to try my absolute best to keep this updated, not just for readers, but to also give me something else to work for and keep me motivated. That will probably end up with me never posting again or putting more effort into this than my actual GCSEs but I guess we'll have to see how things go.

Until next time,
    Kat <3
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by kat.dance10)
    So, with GCSEs exams just around the corner (as my teachers love to remind me) I thought I'd start a blog about my journey through revision, exams and starting sixth form.

I'll start off with a little bit about myself:
    My name is Kat, I'm 16 and am currently studying a huge range of subjects at school (and I'm going to list them all so it looks like I've written a lot for this post :laugh: )

GCSE - Mathematics
    GCSE - English Language
    GCSE - English Literature
    GCSE - Biology
    GCSE - Chemistry
    GCSE - Physics
    GCSE - French
    GCSE - Computing
    GCSE - Electronic Products
    BTEC - Engineering (Level 2)
    City and Guilds - Engineering (Level 2) (Already achieved distinction)
    Level 3 Award - Algebra (It's worth 7 UCAS points, okay?)

I'm also working towards my Grade 7 Ballet exam in July so this year is kinda a big year for exams for me

You're probably wondering why this thread is called 'Just Breathe...'? Or not....but I'm going to tell you anyway. Exam season is known for being extremely stressful for students, whether that be at GCSE, Advanced or even Degree level. Sometimes, we forget about our mental well-being and force every last keyword and definition into our brains. For those with a healthy mind at normal times, this can be very straining and for those who struggle with mental illness daily, it can be enough to push them over the edge. The title of this blog is a little reminder that it's okay to take a step back and just breathe. Even if you decide not to read any more posts, I hope that just seeing the title when scrolling through the pages and pages of other great blogs and forums may help you. If it helps just one person, that will be enough

It's currently Easter break so I'm completely absorbed in revision but as it's getting late I've decided to resort to TSR for a couple of hours, somewhere that I know will be my home for the next few months at least. I'm going to try my absolute best to keep this updated, not just for readers, but to also give me something else to work for and keep me motivated. That will probably end up with me never posting again or putting more effort into this than my actual GCSEs but I guess we'll have to see how things go.

Until next time,
    Kat <3
    That is quite the mix of subjects, best of luck with all of your exams

ReputationRep:
    Subscribed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FabulouslyAwks)
    Subscribed!
    Thank you <3

ReputationRep:
    Your title reminded me of this song:

It is so important to take care of your mental and physical health above all else.

Looking forward to reading more!

ReputationRep:
    This is a lovely idea, hope it works out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.