Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Top 5 favourite Shakespeare plays? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For people who enjoy Shakespeare's plays. What are your top 5 favourite plays of his? Here's my top 5:

1) Titus Andronicus
    2) Hamlet
    3) Macbeth
    4) Midsummer Night's Dream
    5) King Lear

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about top 5, but I've always enjoyed Much Ado About Nothing. The 1993 film adaptation is pretty good too.

ReputationRep:
    Only read Romeo & Juliet and Macbeth (at school), liked them both. Just started The Tempest recently (Alexander Text) and it seems pretty awesome already. Love the grit and raw honesty so much.

ReputationRep:
    1. Hamlet
    2. Macbeth
    3. Midsummer's Night's Dream
    4. Romeo and Juliet
    5. Henry V

ReputationRep:
    The Tempest. I mean, come on. Henry V, I have memorized the St Crispin's day speech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    The Tempest. I mean, come on. Henry V, I have memorized the St Crispin's day speech.
    Really? Why? I've never actually read Tempest -- I watched the Helen Mirren one, though, and I can't say I was much of a fan; put me off reading it entirely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iliacl)
    Really? Why? I've never actually read Tempest -- I watched the Helen Mirren one, though, and I can't say I was much of a fan; put me off reading it entirely.
    I read it in school and it stuck with me. More so than MacBeth. I love Italy of the period too. And like Machiavelli and the magic in it is fun too. I know the historical figures. So that is why I like it. You should read it, if you are interested in those things I have mentioned. Helen Mirren isn't a very good actress. Prospero is the main star and character of The Tempest. Not the people he was working to undo and manipulate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.