Turn on thread page Beta

Top 5 favourite Shakespeare plays? watch

ReputationRep:
    For people who enjoy Shakespeare's plays. What are your top 5 favourite plays of his? Here's my top 5:

1) Titus Andronicus
    2) Hamlet
    3) Macbeth
    4) Midsummer Night's Dream
    5) King Lear

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about top 5, but I've always enjoyed Much Ado About Nothing. The 1993 film adaptation is pretty good too.

ReputationRep:
    Only read Romeo & Juliet and Macbeth (at school), liked them both. Just started The Tempest recently (Alexander Text) and it seems pretty awesome already. Love the grit and raw honesty so much.

ReputationRep:
    1. Hamlet
    2. Macbeth
    3. Midsummer's Night's Dream
    4. Romeo and Juliet
    5. Henry V

ReputationRep:
    The Tempest. I mean, come on. Henry V, I have memorized the St Crispin's day speech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    The Tempest. I mean, come on. Henry V, I have memorized the St Crispin's day speech.
    Really? Why? I've never actually read Tempest -- I watched the Helen Mirren one, though, and I can't say I was much of a fan; put me off reading it entirely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iliacl)
    Really? Why? I've never actually read Tempest -- I watched the Helen Mirren one, though, and I can't say I was much of a fan; put me off reading it entirely.
    I read it in school and it stuck with me. More so than MacBeth. I love Italy of the period too. And like Machiavelli and the magic in it is fun too. I know the historical figures. So that is why I like it. You should read it, if you are interested in those things I have mentioned. Helen Mirren isn't a very good actress. Prospero is the main star and character of The Tempest. Not the people he was working to undo and manipulate.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.