Top 5 favourite Shakespeare plays?

Watch
JackWillow00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
For people who enjoy Shakespeare's plays. What are your top 5 favourite plays of his? Here's my top 5:

1) Titus Andronicus
2) Hamlet
3) Macbeth
4) Midsummer Night's Dream
5) King Lear
Joel 96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't know about top 5, but I've always enjoyed Much Ado About Nothing. The 1993 film adaptation is pretty good too.
The_Last_Melon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Only read Romeo & Juliet and Macbeth (at school), liked them both. Just started The Tempest recently (Alexander Text) and it seems pretty awesome already. Love the grit and raw honesty so much.
iliacl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. Hamlet
2. Macbeth
3. Midsummer's Night's Dream
4. Romeo and Juliet
5. Henry V
Alfed
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Tempest. I mean, come on. Henry V, I have memorized the St Crispin's day speech.
iliacl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Alfed)
The Tempest. I mean, come on. Henry V, I have memorized the St Crispin's day speech.
Really? Why? I've never actually read Tempest -- I watched the Helen Mirren one, though, and I can't say I was much of a fan; put me off reading it entirely.
Alfed
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iliacl)
Really? Why? I've never actually read Tempest -- I watched the Helen Mirren one, though, and I can't say I was much of a fan; put me off reading it entirely.
I read it in school and it stuck with me. More so than MacBeth. I love Italy of the period too. And like Machiavelli and the magic in it is fun too. I know the historical figures. So that is why I like it. You should read it, if you are interested in those things I have mentioned. Helen Mirren isn't a very good actress. Prospero is the main star and character of The Tempest. Not the people he was working to undo and manipulate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads